- Entry level pay is around 50 thousand dollars
- Most work is done outside
- They find how many fish are in a body of water, how many of them are breeding, or how the fish are being affected by the environment
- People interested in fishery biology should take extra math and science classes in high school
- In college, students should major in biology or fisheries
- Fishery Biologists make an average amount of money, starting at 50,000 per year and reaching up to 70,000 dollars
- However, with higher degrees and PhD's some make more than that.
- The pound to pound ratio to grow a fish using feed is about 1.2 pounds of feed to 1 pound of fish.
- Beef has about an 8.7 pound to 1 pound ratio.
- It is predicted that the fishing industry will be up 40% by 2050, because meat production will slow down because of the inefficiency of grain used to produce meat.
Integration of Technology
- Fisheries are beginning to farm fish differently, by putting them in tanks inside, so they can be mass fed, grown, and "harvested".
- New technologies of traps made to mass catch fish have been created, like the special walls that allow fish in them, but not out, in rivers mostly in mountains to catch trout.