Q3 Instructional form is due on Monday, December 7th. The Playoff form has been reopened and will close on December 7th.
AHS/LFC Band Instructional Model Choice Form (3rd Quarter)
- Students planning to change their overall instructional model (At-Home/In-Person) for the 3rd quarter must complete the AISD instructional model change form between December 1 and December 7.
- The band instructional model choice submitted here is a commitment for the duration of the 3rd Quarter (January 5-March 5, 2021). You may only submit one form, but your submission may be edited until December 7.
Playoff Game Sign-Up
All marching band students will be required to participate in the first playoff game at home on Dec 11. The rest of the playoff games will be voluntary. All students will be required to ride the bus to the game site. We are asking all marching band students to complete this survey even if they are not planning on going to any games. We need to have accurate numbers for transportation and meals. DUE: Monday, Dec 7th (extended).
- Students are required to ride to the game site on provided transportation by AISD. Parents may not drive their students to the game.
- Based on Allen's part of the playoff bracket in 6A-5, there is a possibility that all/most of our games will be in the DFW area.
- School bus will be the primary mode of transportation: no more than one student per seat, windows open, masks on at all times. Possible charter bus for long trips.
- During cold weather, windows will at least be partially open with heat provided.
- If the game site has a forecast of heavy rain or rain/cold temps, we may attempt to cancel the trip for the band.
- Meals and snacks will be provided for all students.
Marching Band Calendar
- 12/10 (Thursday): Fitness Gram & Rehearsal at the track: 4:45pm-6pm
- 12/11 (Friday): Playoff Game #1 (Home): Call Time is 4:45pm at the track stadium for an end of season celebration before the game. We will provide dinner (food trucks) for the marching band. We will provide a secure area in one of our band trailers for students to store their school belongings during the game if they are unable to do so. Playoff game #1 is required for all marching band students. Click the itinerary link (below).
- Remaining playoff games will not be required. If you are interested in participating in playoff games, please sign-up HERE. (Form due by Monday, Dec 7)
Allen Band Booster Association Notes
January Membership Meeting
Tuesday, January 12 is the next ABBA Membership meeting at 7:00 pm at the Allen Service Center.
Allen Band Booster Association Senior Scholarships
2021 ABBA Senior Scholarships are now open. You can find the application at https://www.allenisd.org/domain/2316. ABBA funds the Allen Band Booster Association Senior scholarship and the Erin Valenta Memorial Scholarship.
Please see the spirit wear table at the December concerts to see if you have any orders that need to be picked up. Christmas ornaments will be available at this time. The next opportunity to pick up any items will be in the spring.
For future volunteer opportunities please make sure you have completed the Allen ISD Volunteer Background check, https://www.allenisd.org/page/214 and you are a member of ABBA, www.allenband.com/membership
- Tues, Dec 8: 6pm/7:45pm Concerts
- Wed, Dec 9: 6pm/8pm Concerts; Phase 2 Region Window Closes 11:59pm
- Thurs, Dec 10: 4:45-6pm Required Marching Band Rehearsal
- Fri, Dec 11: 4:45 Marching Season Celebration & Playoff Game vs. Plano East (Required for all marching students)
- Dec 15-18: Semester Exams
- Dec 18 or 19: Playoff Game 2
- Dec. 24 or 26: Playoff Game 3
Photo Credits: Calvin Ku