Make sure you never need a life saver when using social media!
First-some safety tips! When the internet is involved, you need to be careful and mindful of what you are saying/writing/posting!
1. Make sure you "vet" anyone who wants to be your friend or follow you.
2. Make sure all posts are school appropriate. If you don't want your grandma to see it-maybe don't post it!
3. Keep things positive and upbeat-remember-once it's on the web it is NEVER leaving!
There are positives to using social media!
Some advantages to using social media include....
1. It encourages student interaction and collaboration!
2. It allows for "real time" response to questions you may ask.
3. It allows for greater teacher & inter-classroom collaboration
Some sites that I love!
1. I LOVE Schoology! Check out the website here. It is great for student interaction, offers a poll option and I really like the layout. It looks professional, but not stuffy. The options with Schoology are seemingly endless and the website is very user friendly. You can even sync your Google Drive account for easy file upload! Want to know more? Check out the video below!
Next, I really like Remind. It is a simple and convenient way to contact students via their cell phones. With this app/website, you can send a message directly to them. The settings will let you pick if students can respond or not, which I love. You can send messages from your computer or from an app on your phone. I use it to remind students about field trips, cooking labs, tests, etc. Check out the video below to learn more or click here to visit their website!
These are just a few of my tips and tricks for social media in the classroom. Hopefully they have been helpful to you. Enjoy incorporating social media into your classroom!