Towers Falling is book about a young girl name Deja living in New York. Her mother moved here from Jamaica for a better life. But something happened to her family that changed their life forever. Deja and her family are currently living in a homeless shelter. Deja family sends her to a new school called Brooklyn Collective Elementary. There Deja makes some new friends Ben and Sabeen. Their teacher teaches the of a event called 9/11 and together they will learn not only about their city but how the event effected them.
Deja is slender, small-headed, and greyish brown eyes. Deja starts off young and uneducated and ends with her having knowledge about the events and her family and mentally older
- allusion when they describe the towers, skyline, and memerioal
- foreshadowing when pop refers back to the towers falling
- simile " Avalon looks like a jail"
- personification "history is alive"
The theme of this book is the events of the world effect you even if it wast in your life time
- intro- Introducing the family and the families history
- conflict- pop cant work and ma is always working so it leaves Deja to take care of the kids
- rising action- Deja starts a new school and they being to learn about the events of 9/11
- climax- Deja and her new friend skip school to go and visit the 9/11 memorial center
- falling action- Dejas po finds out they she went and he decides to have a talk with her
- resolution- Po explain his connection with 9/11 and how it still effects him