Essential questions foster the kinds of inquiries, discussions, and reflections that help learners find meaning in their learning and achieve deeper thought and better quality in their work.
- They stimulate ongoing thinking and inquiry
- They're arguable, with multiple plausible answers
- They raise further questions
- They spark discussion and debate
- They demand evidence and reasoning because varying answers exist
- They point to big ideas and pressing issues
- They fruitfully recur throughout the unit or year
- The answers proposed are tentative and may change in light of new experiences and deepening understanding
(McTighe & Wiggins, 2013)
Global Day of Design
Watch what happens when kids are given the space to be creative.
Battle of the brains competition
Kansas Student Technology Leadership Competition
Created with images by Jo Szczepanska - "untitled image" • garageband - "abstract art background" • TeroVesalainen - "thought idea innovation"