1. Create channels for related media/career opportunities. Even add RSS feeds to pin blog/news feeds to the workspace.
2. Use polls to get feedback more often and see what topics students want covered more.
3. Pin most important announcements and resources.
6. Create forms for students to respond to or submit updates/project proposals, and react to the submissions.
7. Speaking of, you can also set up custom workflows that, for example, bring up feedback templates when another student reacts to a message, and sending complete forms back to the messages's author.
https://blog.polleverywhere.com/slack-classroom/ https://slackhq.com/workflow-builder-templates-remote-teams https://slackhq.com/simpler-more-organized-slack https://slack.com/slack-tips https://medium.com/bucknell-hci/how-i-use-slack-in-my-courses-a-3-year-reflection-888c7e742d04