weekly school News
1. #thankfulThursday: As most of you are aware, two summers ago we had a large group of staff members meet on several occasions to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This evening, you will have the opportunity to review and sign your child's "Character Card." This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
We appreciate the many comments already supplied. We would encourage you to keep sharing these kind comments by using the link below. A few shared comments from this week:
"I asked my son what the best part about you (Mrs. Best) was. His response, 'She loves us like we are hers.' Thank you for making my son feel safe, loved and excited about school."
"Thank you Mr Berrier that the good behavior is not overlooked! She was so thrilled when she wasn't in trouble but doing the right thing when she wasn't sure she had. You made her week!"
2. ILEARN Results: We received general school data this week; however, we are being told that all data including individual student reports are embargoed by the Indiana Department of Education until September 4th. As soon as we are allowed to release data, your child's student report will be available to you in the Powerschool Parent Portal. Thanks for your patience.
3. MIS Spiritwear: Sale ends Sunday, August 18th. To order MIS gear, please click here.
4. Chromebooks (6th Grade) & iPads (4th/5th Grade) are now coming home regularly. Please click below for more information regarding these devices.
5. PTO News: "Fun Run - Coming Soon!
Maxwell Intermediate has a goal to raise $15,000 to support our school, staff, and students for this school year.
WHAT IS BOOSTERTHON FUN RUN? Click here for more info...
Until last year, our main fundraiser included catalog sales. Again, this year we doing something FUN to involve EVERY student and staff member. With Boosterthon, 75% of the donations received to go toward the budget for this year. What does the budget include? It is necessary to raise funds each school year to provide money to assist with field trips, family math and science nights, staff appreciation days, grandparents day, classroom grants, materials and much more! Please help us reach our goal this year by connecting with sponsors for your student. Each donation or pledge will receive a receipt for taxes and payments can be made online, or by cash or check.
Pledging Opens - Monday, August 19
Pep Rally - Monday, August 19
Fun Run - Friday, August 30
SAVE THE DATE! You’re Invited! Please be sure to have an approved volunteer form completed by this date to participate and/or observe the fun!
We’ll be sharing more information with your student next week!
6. School Dismissal Manager (CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS): You should have received your invitation email earlier this week.
Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are fully using SDM at this time. Any change you need to make to your child's after school transportation should be done through this prior to 1:00pm. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS