It’s been a busy April already in the gardens branch! We had a great Spring Plant Sale and we appreciate everyone who came out and joined us. If you missed out on plants, please check out the variety we have at our Tryon Palace Museum Store! The tulips have mostly faded and in the next few weeks, will have been replaced with summer annuals! We’re looking forward to colorful zinnias, pollinator-attracting pentas, angelic pastel angelonia, and some bright cheery Gazanias! The kitchen garden will soon be turned in and prepped for my very favorite season of vegetables — summer! Be sure to come out and see what new and weird heirloom varieties we’ll plant!
We have plenty of work to do in the gardens and we always love more help. Our volunteers are the reason that we are able to accomplish as much as we do. If you’d like to come and work in the garden with us, please contact me at Hadley.firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-639-3560!
Hadley Cheris, Gardens and Greenhouse Manager, Tryon Palace
- Annual Phlox (Phlox drummondii), mix
- Batchelor’s Buttons (Centaurea cyanus), blue
- Catchfly (Silene carolinianum), pink
- Dusty Miller Silver Dust
- Hypoestes Splash Select, pink, red, white
- Johnny-jump-up (Viola tricolor), purple
- Stock (Matthiola incana), fragrant mix
- Snapdragons (Antirrhinum majus), Rocket Mix, Montego Mix
- Sweet William (Dianthus barbatus), red, white, pink
- Pansies: Coastal Sunrise, Ocean Breeze, Red Wing, Morpheus; Delta Cool Water Mix
- Violas: Sorbet Delft Blue, Penny White Blotch, Admire Mix Maxi, Penny Clear Yellow, Penny Primrose Picotee, Penny Denim Jump Up