Laugh often, dream big, reach for the stars!
Check out our learning...
Tips for 2nd Grade Success:
- Read every night for at least 15 minutes.
- Discuss the books you read & what you learned at school with your family.
- Practice your weekly spelling words to help you be successful on your weekly tests.
- Practice your addition & subtraction math facts until you know them quickly.
- Write notes, letters, and stories at home.
- Get a good nights sleep every night.
- Wash your hands before you eat.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Come to school each day, on time, and ready to learn.
- Report Cards Sent Home: Monday, January 30th - Check your child's STAR Folder
- Valentine's Day Party: Tuesday, February 14th - More info to follow in February
- Mid-Winter Break: Friday, February 17th and Monday, February 20th- No School for Students
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: February 23rd and 28th
Click the link below for the BCES Calendar:
We are back to weekly spelling tests. Please check your email on Mondays to find pretests and your child's Star Folder for a paper list. Please have your child practice their words each night until he or she can spell them all.
- Report cards are in your child's backpack. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. We will also be able to discuss your child's progress during our February Parent/Teacher conference.
- Valentine's Day Party- We will pass out Valentine's and have a class snack on Tuesday, February 14th. Class lists are in your child's Star Folder. The kids can also bring a Valentine box to collect their cards and candy in, if they would like. I'm also looking for parent volunteers to provide a sweet snack and drinks for our party. Please contact me if you can help.
- Please put names on your child's winter gear- gloves and all! It would help me out tremendously when I'm trying to pass out forgotten items.
- It might be a good idea to have your child leave a pair of shoes at school for the week. It is very uncomfortable for them to wear their boots all day when they don't have shoes. Keeping an extra pair of socks in their backpacks would be great too.
- Please remember to call the office if your child will be late for school or absent for the day. You can also message me and I can pass it along to Mrs. Ryder.
- Please be sure to ask your child how their headphones are working. There are several kids who may need a new pair.
- Don't forget to check your child's Star Folder each night. If your child is absent from school, there may be homework for them to complete and bring back the next day. Thank you for helping them with this! 😀
Congrats to Elle and Wesley for passing subtraction and moving on to multiplication!
Congrats to Leo for passing addition! 🎉
We have been working very hard on nonfiction sea turtle books. You will get to read them at Parent Teacher conferences next month.
Jaidyn received a certificate for being our January Caring Catcher. 💕
The kids have been working very hard to earn badges and beads for their Brag Tag necklaces. Be sure to ask them what they've earned.
231-439-8299 - Attendance line
Please call anytime your child is absent.