The purpose of this training website is to have the staff (Teachers, Paraprofessionals) at Jordan School District have working knowledge in the Google Suite, which will better assist the students at Jordan School District. This training will have 2 screenshot tutorials of how to use Google Drive and 2 videos working in the area of Web 2.0 tools: Animoto and Canva. After completing the training, each individual will fill out the "What you learned" training form. The form is located on the website on the "Feedback Form" page. The training should take about 15 - 45 minutes, based on the comfort level of the trainee. The guide and the training can be found here: https://tpaulsen97.wixsite.com/training
The following goals are expected to be met within this training:
- Access Google Drive
- Create a Folder, change Folder color
- Create, Rename, close, and move Files
- Create and Edit a Google Doc
- Share a Google Doc and Assign Permissions
- Download a Google Doc as a PDF
- Become familiar with the Web 2.0 tools, Animoto(video based) and Canva(graphic based)
- Is the training easily accessible?
- Is the training cross platform?
- Is the training available on multiple formats(desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile device)?
- Does the training appeal to the end user?
- Does the training utilize the multimedia principles?
- Does the training provide an opportunity for professional growth?
- Does the training provide the enough information in a timely fashion to honor the Teachers and Paraprofessionals time?
Multimedia Principles utilized & Effective Strategies:
The principles of multimedia are present (written text, video, and audio). The modality principle was utilized by the audio narration, which was demonstrated when their were multiple ways shown to complete each task. Having the Google Slides window show provided the learners a visual demonstration on how to implement the various tasks. I feel having shown multiple ways to accomplish the task was well detailed. Also, the options were given to have step-by-step screenshots and video based instruction.
Areas for improvement:
This is where my trainees come in, as I will give the information collected in the feedback forms an honest and unbiased approach and alter my training based off the data collected.
WHY WAS THIS HELPFUL? I believe this was helpful for my organization because it allowed all staff(teaching & support) to be on the same page when offering assistance to students regarding an essential skill that seems to get overlooked because it seems "to easy". It also was respectful of the staff(teaching & support) time, as the videos and screenshot tutorials just focused on what was the necessary tasks & skills needed to be successful and meet the goals of the training. Also, it provided me the trainee with an end product that informed them of how to correctly use the Google Drive and the various Web 2.0 tools, such as Animoto and Canva at Jordan School District, also it provided me the trainer an opportunity to gain feedback from my trainees.