During the first visit:
- The dentist will usually brush the parent's teeth.
- The child will sit on their parents lap.
- The dentist will show the child what tools they will use.
- The child will get a prize after.
Some tips are:
- Stop sucking habits. They lead to tooth decay.
- Use a pea-sized about of tooth paste on your child's tooth brush
- Help your toddler brush after breakfast and before bed for good hygiene because they don't have the dexterity to brush their teeth.
- Avoid starchy and sugary snacks
- Choose a soft, kid-sized brush
3 factors that influence child teeth:
- Heredity, food intake and environment
Admin-mdp. "First Trip to the Dentist." Parents. Parents, 27 Feb. 2017. Web. 04 Apr. 2017.
"Your Child's First Visit to the Dentist." WebMD. WebMD, n.d. Web. 04 Apr. 2017.