How to Protect Your Skin?
- Use SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of 30 and labeled "Broad Spectrum" to protect your skin from both sun's UVA and UVB rays. Wear sunscreen every day regardless of weather and season!
- Reapply sunscreen at least every 80 minutes. If your swimming or sweating reapply sunscreen more often.
- Wear Sunglasses with total UV protection.
- Cover the skin by wearing wide-brimmed hats, long sleeved shirt and pants.
- Avoid being out in the sun for too long during 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Check skin often to see if you see any changes from the sun.
- Choose cosmetics and contact lenses that offer UV protection.
- Don't use tanning beds.
Click here to take a quick Sun Safety IQ quiz by American Cancer Society to find out, are you sun-safe every day?
(W)rap up and learn about sun safety!
This spark page was created by a student at VCU in HPEX 495. Your feedback will be much appreciated and your information will not be shared.