Week 1 - Business Card
This truly feels like home. I haven't done Desktop Publishing in a while. It was good to work on InDesign again. I started over 20 years ago with Quark X Press and Adobe PageMaker.
I followed the tutorial as best as possible and did some minor improvs. Decided to work on a business card for one of my favorite artists, Tori Amos.
Version 2.0 (after feedback)
I used the color palette of her album "Tales of a Librarian".
Week 2 - Social Media Ads
Well. I just created my 3 social media ads in InDesign. I started by using Adobe Color and creating an Adobe Color Theme. Launched it in InDesign and used that as my base colors.
I went back and used elements from Week 1 assignment. (Logo, font, colors) Created a 1080 document with 3 pages and played around with a horizontal and vertical look. Then I flipped the colors around for the vertical look.
I think the 3rd ad is my favorite. it feels more simple and well put together. The first two have too many colors from the original color palette.
Definitely feel some improvement with my InDesign skills.
Week 3 - Billboard
Major improvements all around. I'm finally feeling like I'm getting a better flow with InDesign.
For this billboard, I began with a Tori Amos image. Uploaded the image to Adobe Color and built a color palette.
I used some elements from the past exercise, but opted to trace the apple and use it as a way to separate the event date, time and location. I used a semi-circular shape to isolate Tori's picture from her name and event info on the left. I also used some stroke designs and weight for the 2 main event attractions.
I think I had the hardest time doing the skew in Photoshop. I only got the effect to work once with the shortcut. Had to apply it manually after I realized I had made a typo on the album title.
Week 4 - Pamphlet
Everything started with an image in Adobe Color. Unfortunately, ended up using a variation of color palettes. Was not too thrilled with my initial color selection.
I also experimented with gradients and wasn't too impressed. Decided to go with a simple color background for the A Master page. I played with basic shapes, a circle and a square that i ended turning into a diagonal line for some dramatic effect. Also played with lines and opacity for some texturing.
I personalize pages 2 and 3 with images meeting Tori. The text copy was from the web. I also tried a rectangle in the back and a variation on the logo now on the left side. I definitely spent the most amount of time on this assignment. Very happy to finally have created a pamphlet.