Come join North America’s premier timber engineering and construction company!
StructureCraft specializes in the structural engineering, design, fabrication, and erection of timber structures incorporating steel, glass, concrete, and other materials. We work with clients and architects to create carefully detailed buildings and bridge structures that break new ground in sophistication, craftsmanship, and quality. We thrive on new and challenging design concepts, materials, and construction methods. StructureCraft enjoys pushing the boundaries in complex geometry, digital fabrication, and material testing and research, and our work in this regard has been recognized internationally, including numerous awards for innovation in timber engineering and construction.
Reporting to the 3D Design & Drafting Manager the 3D Design Team Lead is responsible for leading our 3D design teams on some of North America's largest mass timber projects. Typically leading 1-5 projects depending on complexity you will be working with our in-house engineers, project managers, and construction teams to ensure accurate, timely, and on-budget 3D design and detailing.
- Leading project 3D Design Teams.
- Creating project schedules, ensuring their feasibility, tracking and updating weekly.
- Completing weekly project health reports and completing risk updates.
- Working with 3D Design & Drafting Manager to ensure teams are resourced correctly and proactively identifying resource problems.
- Organizing and leading weekly internal project meetings.
- Defining fabrication package deliverables
- Proactively identify, communicate, and assist to rectify any issues that may impact project quality, cost, or schedule.
- Ensure teams follow established company standard operating procedures and drafting standards.
- Collaborate and problem-solve issues with clients and other project-related stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing model standards and organization.
- Continual improvement of design & drafting process to improve efficiency and reduce design cycle times
Position terms and conditions
This is a permanent full-time position. We are headquartered in Abbotsford, BC and this role would be located at our headquarters with remote work possible. We offer a benefits package that includes 3 weeks vacation, extended medical, life insurance, disability insurance, and a matching RRSP program after 2 years of employment.
Send your application including resume in confidence to email@example.com