Mark Your Calendar
Monday, Sept. 25th
- No School for Students (Professional Development Day for Faculty/Staff)
- HSA Fall Box Tops Fundraising Contest Begins
- High School Volleyball 4:00pm @ Academy of the New Church
Tuesday, Sept. 26th - Day 1
- 150 Building: Grades 2-4 Art Club 3:45pm - 4:45pm @ 150 Art Room, 827
- 150 Building: Grades K & 1 Art Club 3:45pm - 4:45pm @ 150 Art Room, 908
- High School Soccer 3:45pm @ AIM Academy
- Middle School Cross Country 3:45pm @ Coventry Christian School
- Middle School Girls' Volleyball 3:45pm @ 535 Gym
- 468/486 Building: Grades K & 1 Art Club 4:00pm - 5:00pm @ 468 Art Room, Rm. 425
Wednesday, Sept. 27th - Day 2
- Middle School Soccer 3:45pm @ Kimberton Waldorf
- 468/486 Building: Grades 2-4 Art Club 4:00pm - 5:00pm @ 486 Art Room, 532
- High School Cross Country 4:00pm @ Church Farm School
Thursday, Sept. 28th - Day 3
- NEHS Induction Ceremony and Reception 6:00pm @ 500 Cafeteria
- High School Soccer 3:45pm @ Renaissance Academy
- 500 Building: Grades 5 & 6 Art Club 4:00pm - 5:00pm @ 500 Building Room 228
Friday, Sept. 29th - Day 4
- Grades K-12: Cougar Challenge - Wear PE Uniform or Cougar Gear with Uniform PE Bottoms and Sneakers
- HSA Fall Box Tops Fundraising Contest Ends
- Yankee Candle Fundraiser Sponsored by MS/HS Music Department Begins
- 515 Building: Principal Coffee Chat with Parents 7:00am - 8:00am @ 515 Conference Room
- High School Soccer 3:45pm @ Phelps School
- Middle School Girls' Volleyball 3:45pm @ 535 Gym
- High School Volleyball vs. Faith Christian Academy 5:15pm @ 535 Gym
- 5th Grade Rec Night 6:00pm - 8:00pm @ 500 Gym and Classrooms
2017 Cougar Challenge
The Cougar Challenge is our walk/exercise-a-thon to raise money for our Home & School Association (HSA). The HSA provides financial support to Collegium by sponsoring student-oriented projects, hosting special events for families, providing additional funds for classroom materials, and offering scholarships for uniforms and field trips.
Why walking and exercising? To acknowledge the walking required by volunteers and Collegium founders to secure the 1,000+ signatures from community members in support of initially opening Collegium. This year’s event will be held Friday, September 29th. Additional information is provided below.
Last year, our families raised over $20,000 and we want to exceed that amount for 2017-2018. and if each CCS family solicits just $100 in donations, we will far exceed our goal. If credit card donations are preferable for your family and friends, use the link below.
Special thanks to Latsha, Davis, McKenna and PNC who are sponsoring this year’s event and to our other corporate donors who have been so generous to Collegium – BeneServ, FlynnO’Hara, Charter Choices, and BB&T – The Addis Group.
Elementary Intramural Programs
The deadline for the Running Intramural program has been extended until Wednesday, September 27th.
Registration is currently open for our Soccer and Cougar F.I.T. Club intramural programs.
Cougar F.I.T. Club is a new program this year, incorporating a series of activities designed to promote an active lifestyle and encouraging students to have fun while making new friends. The age-appropriate activities include games and challenges often found in the elementary physical education classroom.
To register, complete and return the appropriate registration form with payment by Wednesday, October 4, 2017. Registration forms are available on Collegium's Intramurals page.
Participant rosters will be posted on the CCS Intramurals webpage. Soccer will be posted on October 6, 2017. Cougar F.I.T. Club rosters will be posted on October 11, 2017. Participating families will also be notified via email message.
Questions? Please email our Intramural Program Coordinator, Mr. Handley.
2016-2017 Student-Specific PSSA/Keystone Parent Information will be sent home with current 4th-8th grade students and HS students on Wednesday, September 27th. Only students who took the PSSAs or Keystones at Collegium last school year will be provided with the report to bring home via backpacks.
Questions? Please contact your child's building Principal.
500 Book Fair Volunteers Needed
It's Book Fair time in the 500 Building!
Parent volunteers are needed to assist Mrs. Wallace (pictured) at the Book Fair October 9th through 17th. The Book Fair hours are from 8:00am until 3:00pm. Using the SignUpGenius link below, please sign up for as many one hour time slots as you can. All volunteers must have clearances and related information is posted on the Volunteering page of our website.
Questions? Please email Mrs. Wallace.
Learn more about Mrs. Wallace by viewing her 2016-2017 Employee Spotlight video.
National Box Tops Week
National Box Tops for Education Week is September 24th through September 30th and the HSA is celebrating with a K-6th grade clipping drive!
Clipping Box Tops is an easy way to help earn cash for Collegium. Each Box Top is worth 10¢! Just look for the Box Tops coupon on hundreds of products that you probably already own. To participate in our clipping drive, simply clip, collect, and send your Box Tops to Collegium. Although National Box Tops for Education Week ends on September 30th, our clipping drive will end on October 6th.
To make the clipping drive even more exciting, we will have a friendly little competition between classrooms in each K-6th grade building. Learn more by accessing our Fall Box Tops Clipping Drive Info Packet.