235 Arden Road, Menlo Park
One of only two properties in all of Felton Gables with extra-wide frontage, this home is also set on one of the five largest lots in the community at more than one-third acre. Lovingly owned by the same family for the past 35 years, the home is timeless and traditional with crisp white paneled ceilings, hardwood floors, and window shutters in some rooms. The formal living room is well-appointed with built-in banquette seating that wraps around one corner of the room. A fireplace anchors a separate seating area and the corner windows overlook the garden views of the neighborhood. A formal dining room is brightened by double sliding glass doors to the rear gardens and continues with the hardwood floors that extend throughout the home.
The kitchen is beautifully remodeled in a palette of soft white and cream with a contrasting center island with seating that invites friends and family to join in with the chef. Marble and granite counters along with tumbled marble backsplashes set on a diagonal with contrasting keystones add a designer touch to the furniture-quality cabinetry. High-end appliances by Thermador, Miele, and Sub-Zero will enrich any chef’s experience.
There are 3 bedrooms, currently arranged as a primary suite and separate den/bedroom, each with direct access to an updated all-white tiled bathroom with tub and separate shower. The third bedroom is privately located with its own en suite bath. The arrangement of space is ultimately flexible for lifestyle needs, including today’s work-from-home and remote learning.
Adding to the appeal of this special property are two detached garages, each with its own driveway. One is a 2-car garage with large adjoining workshop, and one accommodates at least 4 cars and has gas and electric plus a sink, making it also ready for conversion to a possible Accessory Dwelling Unit. All around, the verdant grounds are lovely with a signature magnolia tree at the entrance, Japanese maples, fruit trees, and an inviting brick terrace for outdoor living.
Adding the finishing touch is the community of Felton Gables, which is known for its get-togethers, Halloweens, and warm, friendly ambiance. Truly a great place to call home!
Offered at $3,949,000
Architecture + Design
Summary of Home
- Classic, traditional ranch home in sought-after Felton Gables
- One of the 5 largest lots in the neighborhood and one of only 2 with extra-wide frontage
- More than one-third acre (approximately 15,750 square feet)
- 3 bedrooms and 2 baths
- Spacious living room with fireplace and built-in seating
- Formal dining room opens to the rear yard
- Remodeled granite-finished kitchen with island, breakfast area, and quality appliances including Thermador gas cooktop and oven, Miele dishwasher, and Sub-Zero refrigerator
- Large family room with beamed and paneled cathedral ceiling, fireplace, and sliding glass doors to the rear yard
- Two bedrooms, one with outside entrance and adjoining office/project room, and each with direct access to an updated bath with dual-sink vanity, tub, and shower
- Privately located bedroom featuring en suite bath with tub and overhead shower
- Detached oversized 4-car tandem garage, approximately 1,350 square feet, with gas, electric, and sink and potential for conversion to an Accessory Dwelling Unit
- Second detached 2-car garage with adjoining storage room
- Two separate driveways, one to each garage
- Dual-zone air conditioning
- Beautifully landscaped with magnolia and Japanese maple trees, fruit trees, brick patio, lawn, and perimeter foliage
- Less than one mile to downtown Menlo Park and Caltrain
- Award-winning Menlo Park schools
Life + Leisure
Menlo Park | California
A short history of Felton Gables:
Almost surrounded by Atherton, the quaint neighborhood of Felton Gables is named for the 1890s-era estate once owned by former U.S. Senator Charles Norton Felton. Bordered by the glorious Holbrook Palmer Park and Encinal Avenue, Felton Gables’ homes were built between the 1920s and 1950s. As the lots were sold individually during a wonderful era in home building, the neighborhood’s 115 custom homes today offer an eclectic range of architectural styles. Residents of Felton Gables are part of an association with modest dues and have direct access to Holbrook Palmer Park. There is a fall cocktail party, a general meeting, and a widely attended Fourth of July picnic complete with a children’s parade, barbecue, and other festivities.
The residents of Felton Gables take pride in their homes, neighborhood, streets, and community.
Blu Skye Media