Coming Up at Woodbrook
- Feb. 27 - March 10 -- ISTEP Testing Window
- March 10 -- 1st/2nd Grade Musical
- March 12 -17 -- Food Services Appreciation Week
- March 13-17 -- IREAD
- March 20 -- World Thinking Day (Girl Scouts)
- March 22 -- Spring Picture Day (Optional)
- March 24 -- Incoming Kindergarten Tours
- March 24 -- Family Movie Night
- March 31 -- Pup Running Registration Deadline
- March 31 -- April 7 - Spring Break (No School)
- April 10 - 14 -- Wellness Week
Thank you WBE Parents, Teachers & Staff for a fantastic Mane Bash
We had a terrific turnout with more than 160 guests joining us for dinner, the auction and a fun night with music by Circuit Thursday.
It was another great year for fundraising at Woodbrook. We are still working on final numbers, but we definitely exceeded our goal of $15,000. We are fortunate to have so many people in the Woodbrook community who helped make this a great evening and raised funds for our school. This event cannot happen without the support of so many who provide their time and effort over the last several months.
Special thanks to Dennis & Jessie Mock for their generosity with their personal donations for the evening as well as countless hours soliciting and securing donations for the Mane Bash. Also, many thanks to Tammy Egger and Celebrity Cruises for donating the 7-Night Carribean Cruise.
Thank you to the generosity of all of those who attended, bid on items and won. Our spirited and generous WBE community really came through to help our school, including a special fund created at the event for newly refurbished soccer goals on the playground field. In addition to supporting Woodbrook during the auction, families and staff raised funds to benefit the many needs of Indianapolis Public School 56.
Note: All silent auction bidders have been notified if they had the winning bid.
Pup Running Registration Ends March 31
4th and 5th Graders
Pup Running is a Carmel school-based youth running program that is committed to encouraging fitness among elementary age children through the sport of running.
- Cost for Pup Running: $15.00 with WBE Team Pup Running t-shirt; $8.00 without a t-shirt
- Registration: Is only offered online at www.puprunning.org or directly through Get Me Registered Here (REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN AND CLOSES MARCH 31 AT MIDNIGHT-- NO LATE REGISTRATION WILL BE ACCEPTED)
2017 Spring Track Season:
- Pup Meet #1 April 27th 5:30 p.m. at Carmel Middle School Track
- Pup Meet #2 May 4th 5:30 p.m. at Carmel Middle School Track
- Pup Meet #3 May 11th 5:30 p.m. at Carmel High School Track Stadium
(Each athlete will have the opportunity to compete in the 100M Dash and 400M Run)
Practice Schedule: Day: Mondays; Time: Immediately after school – 3:45 pm (4/10, 4/17, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8). FIRST PRACTICE WILL BE TAKES PLACE APRIL 10; You must be registered online by 3/31/17 to be eligible to participate in the first practice.
Your child MUST be registered via www.puprunning.org in order to stay for practice! Please confirm with your school coach and administration regarding your transportation widget policy. If you’re interested in being a parent volunteer to assist with practices OR if you have any questions, please contact Caroline Shrieve @ email@example.com.
Fun Planned for 5th Graders during their last few months at WBE
T-shirts, March Social Gathering, Fifth Grade Graduation, End of the Year Celebration
Our 5th graders have worked so hard during their elementary years and shared so many memories together, but they are looking forward to moving on to the next level of their education and growth in 6th grade. We would like to celebrate their educational accomplishments, experiences, friendship and fun with some great events towards the end of the school year.
- First, we thought it would be fun to offer a Class of 2024 t-shirt for sale with the names of all of the Woodbrook 5th Graders on the back.
- Second, we are planning an off-site event at Laser Flash in Carmel for the kids to get together outside of the school setting to socialize and have some fun! Forms will be coming home with your student soon or you can PRINT A FORM HERE.
- Finally, the 5th Grade Graduation and Class Party are events where the students can be recognized and celebrated!
Please take a moment to REVIEW the information below, mark your calendar and complete any action items.
DUE MARCH 30
- Email Digital Baby Photo of your 5th Grade Student and Meaningful Words/Quote/Motto for Graduation Video) You don't want to miss having your student included in the video. Please remember to send in the baby photo and quote by March 30.
WBE Lions Sharpening Their Saw
WBE students and families had a great time at the annual Ice Skating ⛸ Party sponsored by the PTO.