Equipment research, block2 Daniel farkas nc1a

Reduce camera shake: - Tripods

- The best method that could be used to reduce camera shake would be a tripod. it comes in different sizes and shapes. it depends on the reason of use.

- Tripod is used to stabilize and elevate the camera. All photography tripods have three legs and a mounting head to couple with a camera. They are necessary when slow speed exposures are being made, or when lenses of extreme focal length are used.

-There are several type of tripods. the least expensive mostly made out of aluminium and comes with an attached head and rubber feet.. more expensive tripods are sturdier, stronger, and usually come with no integrated head. Many tripods also include leveling indicators for the legs and the head, also made out of carbon fibre if the tripod needs to be lightweight.

Reduce camera shake by holding the camera:

-Brace yourself and your camera. this might include leaning up against a wall, kneeling or sitting. Try to have at least three points of contact between your body and the ground. Always hold the camera with 2 hands close to the eye with your arms tightly at your side and use one leg as a back support.

Built in camera flash

-A Flash is a device used in photography producing a flash of artificial light. A major purpose of a flash is to illuminate a dark scene.

- Built in flash is found at the top of dslr cameras that pops up when controlled to. It is activated by pressing a button at the side of the camera.

-The photographer able to control the power of the light that is being given off by using the flash exposure compensation adjustment.

Continuous & painting with light

Continuous light: - Created by the source of light facing the camera. Use the camera on manual settings, with manual focus, low iso settings, extended aperture, slow shutter speed and on self timer.

- the photographer points a source of light towards the camera and moves around to create patterns.

Painting with light: - Shining the light onto the subject. the light falling onto the subject and not facing the camera.

-Use the same setting as on continuous light.


Reflector: - surface used to bounce light.

-Large circular pieces of reflective material. Normally comes in different colour( white,silver,gold) and different sizes. Professional studio reflectors are shaped like an umbrella. Its portable as it collapses just as an umbrella does.

Often used in studios for portraits. it bounces the light onto the subject ensuring that there are no shadows. It comes with a case to protect the material from getting damaged.


- Dark piece of material used to block light which can create shadows. Also protect the lens from a flare or provide negative fill for images.

- It can be easily made at home by using dark fabrics or a sheet of black paper. normally it positioned under the light and above the subject. We can also create softer shadows with positioned the flag closer to the subject.


- This type of diffuser is normally a fine mesh, light white cloth, translucent paper or white polythene material. The light will pass through but will be reduced in intensity and will be scattered allowing no direct beam of light on the shadow side of the diffuser.

- This type of diffuser can be almost any size. Small ones may be used on a still-life table-top study. Large ones may be stretched across a frame and hoisted above a large scene to diffuse the sun on bright sunny days. Curtain diffusers may be drawn across a bank of lights to provide a high-key background.


Created with images by Pexels - "accessories cameras canon" • remcovandermeer - "tripod" • Janitors - "Sony RX100" • Pexels - "light city road" • Bob Doran - "experiment" • PVignau - "Set-up for Yashica 44 LM series"

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.