Text as Art Soroush Amirostovar


In my researches I tried to find a phoenix with open wings

10 Thumbnails

3 Roughs

Final work



The purpose of this project was to design an object by its letters, so I came up with two different ideas, a peacock and a phoenix. After some doodling and sketches I realize that I can be more creative if I choose the phoenix.

In my researches I tried to find a phoenix with open wings because I thought that it’s much easier to work with.

After my final drawing I started to work on computer but the main problem was that which font would be the best. So I tried different kind of fonts and I found out the cursive font would be a good decision.

One of the other struggles was to decide that which letter should I use for each part of the phoenix, so I used capital “I” for wings and the tail, capital “E” for the main body and for creating the head I used capital “P”, “I”, and an “X”. For connecting the main body to the wings and the tail I used capital “N” and “H”, and for attaching the head to the main body I used an “O”.

And at the end I used red outline for showing the fire and ashes in the phoenix.

In my opinion in this project we had to be creative with letters and I think that we can use these creativity and other skills that we achieved in this project in other projects that we have to work with texts.

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.