- The main people that the environmentalist had to deal with were the anti-environmentalists
- Alan Gottlieb stated that hole in the ozone layer doesn't exist and that chemicals in the air and water don't harm anyone
- Ron Arnold created the “wise use” movement to deal with timber and mining issues
- American farm bureau federation had large holdings in the automobile, oil and pesticide industries, and therefore were also against environmentalists
- WWF (World Wildlife Fund) 2nd National environmental conservationist group formed in 1961
- Leonardo recently this the non-profit organization
- President Nixon goes green and passes EPA (Environmental Protection Agency)
- This was a huge accomplishment in the US as regulations are now made as to how the land will be used.
- Earth Day: every year on April 22 people around the world demonstrate their support for conservation of the environment
During the early 1900s, President Teddy Roosevelt strove to achieve a conserved environment. He wanted to protect the wildlife and public lands of the country. He achieved this by creating the United States Forest Service. Like the Environmental Movement in the mid 1900s, Roosevelt wanted to conversed the earth specifically the good land he was a head of. Through his efforts, Roosevelt protected around 230 million acres of public land. During the Environmental Movement, and Roosevelt's presidency, efforts were made in not only protecting the environment, but in preserving it.