2016 SEASON OVERVIEW
Under the guidance of first-year Head Coach Adam Gase, the 2016 season saw the Dolphins finish with a 10-6 record and earn a berth in the playoffs for the first time since 2008. After starting the 2016 season with a 1-4 record, the Dolphins utilized a six-game winning streak to help put themselves in playoff position. With a new canopy and a modernized stadium, the Dolphins wasted no time establishing a home-field advantage at Hard Rock Stadium.
CBS RADIO + MIAMI DOLPHINS
On May 19th, 2016, the Miami Dolphins announced that it would return to having Miami's Sportsradio 560 WQAM as the official flagship radio partner of the franchise.
The two organizations entered into a long-term partnership in which all preseason, regular season, and playoff games would be aired on 560 WQAM, as well as simulcast on Kiss 99.9, "South Florida's NEW Country" with pre, halftime, and postgame shows.
The Miami Dolphins Training Camp unveiled several exciting changes geared to improve the fan experience as part of “Back to Football powered by South Florida Ford” at the Baptist Health Training Facility at Nova Southeastern University. This year’s training camp featured a brand new canopy over the seated area, providing fans with shade and a more comfortable experience than ever before. A new area reserved for children 12 years old and younger provided them with special access to get autographs from Dolphins players post practice. In addition, weekend practices featured food trucks, interactive games, and face painting.
CBS RADIO DAY AT TRAINING CAMP
WQAM received one (1) training camp experience for up to fifty (50) guests. Experience included:
- One (1) private tour of Club's training facility
- Food and beverage provided for all guests
- Designated shaded seating area at practice
IN BOWL ASSETS
- Two (2) PA Announcements with associated videoboard recognition during each game played at Hard Rock Stadium (pregame and halftime)
- One (1) fifteen second (:15) rotation on Stadium LED ribbonboard during each game played at Hard Rock Stadium (ingame)
- Two (2) thirty second (:30) StadiumVision network rotating advertisements during each game played at Hard Rock Stadium (ingame)
- Two (2) full-page, four-color advertisements promoting WQAM, WKIS, or WPOW (FM) in each issue of Team game day program distributed at each home game played at Hard Rock Stadium
- Inclusion on Club's 2016-2017 pocket schedules
- Eighteen (18) lower level tickets for each preseason and regular season home game at Hard Rock Stadium
- Twelve (12) club level tickets for each preseason and regular season home game at Hard Rock Stadium
- Six (6) parking passes
- Right to purchase 14-person suite at fifty percent (50%) of applicable rate (Suite 239B)
- Right to purchase eight (8) Super Bowl tickets
GAME DAY ACTIVATION
- On-site Activation space on Ground Level Concourse at Hard Rock Stadium during each home game and at Miami Dolphins Practice Facility on training camp days when Club practice is open to public.
- A total of twenty-five (25) autographed footballs, autographed jerseys, and/or helmets from Club starters. (All merchandise has been distributed)
- Three (3) Miami Dolphins cheerleader appearances (two appearances remaining)
TEAM EXPERIENCE: AWAY GAME TRIP
- One (1) opportunity for two (2) Station Owner C-Level guests to attend one (1) Miami Dolphins away game
- CBS invited Harry Astor and guest to Baltimore Ravens game on December 4th, 2016
- Dolphins provided travel, housing, four (4) game tickets (two as bonus), and two (2) pregame field passes for Mr. Astor and guest during trip, as well as a VIP dinner prior to gameday with Dolphins alumni and executives
TEAM EXPERIENCE: LOCKER ROOM LUNCHEON
- One (1) VIP locker room luncheon with Miami Dolphins alumni player (Joe Rose) in Miami Dolphins Player's Locker Room at Hard Rock Stadium
- Event took place on December 2nd, 2016
- Miami Dolphins provided food and beverage to guests, as well as private tour of Hard Rock Stadium and media booth
- Appearances made by Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders and Miami Dolphins Super Bowl Trophies