We know that you don't just want to set goals, you want to meet them. You don't just want to bring the school together, but you want to get the whole community involved. You want to teach students about health and wellness while raising HUGE funds for your PTO/PTA initiatives. Let's make 2019 the year that pull off such a successful Winter Fundraiser that you can provide students with increased technology, a new playground, more field trips, better classroom textbooks, and whatever other needs your Parent Group can fill.
And, how about we do all this through ONE event-style fundraiser at the start of the year?
If you’re thinking of doing a Winter or Spring Athon Fundraiser, then you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we are going to cover the steps you need to take now to be successful in the coming months.
Check out our tips and don’t hesitate to let us know if you’d like a team of experts and access to the online services & tools to make your fundraiser the biggest and most successful event of the (new) year!
If you are aiming for a Spring Fundraiser, then your team has some more time to dream. We recommend using this additional time wisely and really setting yourselves up to achieve something BIG. If you are planning for a Winter Fundraiser, it will be necessary to start nailing down a lot of the tangibles in January and having a solid plan to set into motion.
Next comes the preparation, where we take the plan and put it into action. But, we want to note that there will be times when it is necessary to return to step 1 and go back to the drawing board if your fundraiser loses steam, misses a goal, or has any other setbacks along the way. If you choose to team up with Get Movin', our Personal Event Coaches make sure to keep you on track every step of the way!
3. Promote Your Fundraiser
It may seem early to start promoting your fundraiser, but we have found that the earlier you start raising awareness for your event, the more participation and engagement you’ll have throughout the course of your fundraiser.
Tease your big fundraising event as soon as students return from winter break to entice them and get them excited to return to school.
We also recommend you promote your fundraiser by taking the following steps:
- Talk with administration so you are all on the same page as to the goals, theme, and other important details of your fundraiser
- Send a note to teachers letting them know of the upcoming fundraising event and let them know you will be sending out helpful tips/guides for ways they can be involved
- Write a promotional letter for parents to send out right after the new year (note: we’ve got a great template for our clients in our event toolbox!)
- Use your PTO/PTA bulletin board to tease your big event
- Utilize your morning announcements to let the school know to expect something fun to kick off the new school year
Created with images by jty11117777 - "girls snow play" • S O C I A L . C U T - "untitled image"