What is National Learn to Row Day?
National Learn to Row Day is an annual event held by clubs across the country to raise awareness about the sport of rowing in their communities. Greater Houston Rowing Club is pleased to join with USRowing and Concept 2 to host this open house and free introductory rowing program for people of all athletic abilities who ever wanted to give the sport a try.
What happens on Learn to Row Day?
The program is designed to give guests a brief but informative overview of what being a rower is all about. Club members and experienced rowers will be there to:
- give you a tour of the boathouse
- describe the different classes of boats and equipment
- teach you rowing terminology
- demonstrate basic technique on rowing machines
- take you in a 4 or 8 man boat for a short row on Oyster Creek
The program takes 1.5 - 2 hours to complete. We encourage you to ask questions at any time. Our volunteers are there to guide and assist you.
If you would like more information about our regular Learn to Row course or membership options please ask and we'll be happy to provide the details.