Preferred Hotels & Resorts' annual Group Sales Seminar was held at the beautiful new Salamander resort in Destin, Florida, The Henderson. Our entire North American team was able to experience this coastal resort and was pampered by their inviting and friendly staff. Preferred Hotels & Resorts are known for being luxurious, and this hotel flawlessly fits right in. The Henderson is definitely the “talk of the town!”
Located on a peninsula and connected to the mainland by the Mid-Bay Bridge in the Northwestern region of Florida, Destin was once known as “The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village” for its abundance of seafood. Today, fresh seafood is still brought in daily for local businesses and tourists to enjoy. With its white sandy beaches and emerald water from the Gulf of Mexico, this destination is now a popular location for meetings and events.
The closest airport to The Henderson is Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS) which is 18 miles and approximately 30 minutes drive away. With over 26 cities offering direct flights into VPS, it is easier than ever to get to Destin. Airlines that offer direct flights are American Airlines, Delta, United, and Alligiant.
I took the Northwest Regional Airport and it was a quick 20 minute transfer to the property. However, the following airports can take your group to The Henderson as well:
- Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport - 60 min 50 miles (80 km)
- Northwest Florida Regional Airport - 30 min 20 miles (32 km)
- Pensacola International Airport - 75 min 75 miles (121 km)
- The private Destin Airport - 10 min 1 miles (2 km)
The Henderson is decorated with magnificent specially created artwork by local artisans. From the minute you arrive on property, The Henderson's appealing “Living Room” (lobby) will help you feel right at home. This property offers the following:
- 170 guestrooms including 8 suites, all king rooms with pull-out couch, balcony, or terrace
- Access to a private beach, 200 steps away
- 3 unique dining options: Primrose - main dining restaurant offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner; Horizons Bar - lobby bar with full menus; Sprinkles - an ice cream parlor offering specialty coffees and menu items to go
- Kids Club – available upon request
Golf – The Henderson partners with two private gated golf courses, Regatta Bay and Kelly Plantation. Both are par-72 courses and are within a 5-minute drive from the resort.
Spa – The Salamander Spa experience is a highly rated spa and not to missed. With state-of-the-art treatment rooms and a full facility, your group will be able to relax and rejuvenate after a long day of meetings.
To convene at The Henderson is to meet in the lap of luxury. This resort offers 10 meeting spaces; two of which have the ability to segment into smaller breakouts. All 10 spaces are within one area, which makes it very convenient. Below are some highlights of the meeting spaces: