A common bully does this because he or she lacks own attention maybe from a parent, friend or sibling at home. Another reason why is because they have been bullied before and want revenge and feel more powerful. Another time the parents are the bullies. When your parent is a bully it is more likely for your kid to become one too. Bullied bully's get relief from feeling helpless and overpower others. Many kids who bully are often jealous of the person who is being bullied.
Bar graph showing recent cyber bullying occurrences
- 18-28% of people have said a rude or mean comment online
- 9% have said they have harassed another person on purpose
- Nearly 43% of kids have been bullied online. 1 in 4 has had it happen more than once.
- Over 80% of teens use a cell phone regularly, making it the most common medium for cyber bullying.
- 68% of teens agree that cyber bullying is a serious problem.
- 81% of young people think bullying online is easier to get away with than bullying in person.