Step 1: Pick Your Fit-Athon Exercise Options
Put some parameters around your fundraiser so it is easy for parents to understand and for students to participate. Ask students to exercise for X amount of minutes per day, or to complete a certain number of X exercise, or to complete a certain distance for running, biking, walking, roller blading, etc. You can also do laps if students are participating from home (could be laps in a neighborhood, local park, or gym).
- Minutes of dancing, yoga, or online workout class
- Number of repetitions of jumping jacks, pushups, sit-ups, squats, or a mix of different exercises
- Distance of cardio such as running, walking, or biking
Step 3: Raise Donations & Share Student Fitness Participation
Know how you're going to raise $$ for your Fit-Athon? By showcasing how much fun the students are having! Encourage parents to take pictures and videos of the kids exercising and share these on social media, through email, or via text when asking for donations.
- Raise awareness of your fundraiser by having the gym teacher host a live workout class on FB
- When students reach fitness goals, feature them on your social media page/group
- Include a hashtag for your fundraising event and always provide links back to your online donation page
Created with images by Rhythm_In_Life - "bikes kids children" • Skitterphoto - "girl bike pink"