Results by Submarket
- 55% of properties in the North Suburban submarket experienced a drop in vacancy
- 67% of properties in the Northwest Suburban submarket experienced a drop in vacancy
- 52% of properties in the O’Hare submarket experienced a drop in vacancy
- 55% of properties in the East-West Corridor submarket experienced a drop in vacancy
Naperville Woods Office Center
Naperville Woods was completely vacant in 2007 when the building underwent renovations. Ownership continues to add improvements; the property has remained less than 30% vacant for the past 9 years.
Edens prior owner, The Davis Companies, made significant upgrades to the building's deli, patio, and common areas in 2012. KBS acquired the property in 2015 and has added a yoga studio and made additional updates to the fitness center, lobbies, and common areas. The property has jumped from 64% occupied in 2012 to 97% occupied today.
Washington Pointe, at 535 E Diehl Road in Naperville, went from 52% occupied in 2007 to 100% leased in 2016 after renovations to the lobby, addition of a Micro Market & tenant lounge, fitness center, and improved common areas.
Other Notable Changes
- Cantera Meadows West, at 28100 Torch Parkway in Warrenville, was completely vacant when it was renovated in 2011. Since then, the property has steadily increased occupancy to its current point of 97.4% occupied, a swing of 194,751 SF of positive absorption.
- 701 E 22nd Street in Lombard was 100% vacant when it was renovated in 2001. Since then, the property has increased occupancy and is currently 100% occupied.
- Presidents Plaza II, at 8700 W Bryn Mawr Avenue in Chicago, was 50% vacant when it was renovated in 2011. Since then, the property has experienced 139,000 SF of positive absorption, bringing the vacancy to 15%.