WEAC is providing the following information and links to the Democrats running for governor on the primary ballot August 14. While WEAC is not recommending a candidate for governor in the primary election, these Democrats have strong track records supporting public education -- unlike the incumbent governor . Take time to learn about these candidates using the links below. To register to vote, find out where you vote, and more, go to myvote.wi.gov.
- Tony Evers is currently the head of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
- Matt Flynn is a retired Milwaukee attorney and former Wisconsin Democratic Party Chairman.
- Mike McCabe was the executive director of the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign for 15 years.
- Mahlon Mitchell is the head of the Wisconsin state's firefighter union.
- Political new-comer Josh Pade was born in Kenosha and has been working in the private sector.
- Kelda Helen Roys, a former state representative, led efforts in the Legislature to pass a bill banning the chemical bisphenol A from baby bottles and spill-proof cups.
- Longtime Madison Mayor Paul Soglin is in his 20th year as mayor of Madison, a position he's held off and on since 1973.
- Wisconsin Sen. Kathleen Vinehout has served in the Senate since 2006.
This is an 11.0101 communication with WEAC members.