Engaging in School
We want to thank the many parents who have reached out to teachers and staff this week to encourage them and thank them. None of us knew what to expect, but we are grateful for the awesome partners parents have been in educating students. Thanks for the encouragement and support. We look forward to more great days together as Harris
Greenfield-Central is pleased to offer an online experience for Kindergarten Registration. Please click on the link below to register a kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year. Students who are age 5 by August 1, 2020 are eligible to register.
Food Service: Meal Kits
For the time being, this service will continue on Mondays. Please see the flier below for more information on this opportunity for GC families.
If you need tech support for your child's device, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the student's name, school, and tech issue. The tech department will respond by Google Meet, email, phone, or possibly appointment, if the issue cannot be fixed remotely.
Virtual Learning Confidentiality Statement
Information about how these will be rescheduled will be made available at a later time. Thanks for your patience with us.
- PTO Fundraiser Distribution (Picking up PTO Fundraiser items has not been deemed essential travel, so we will announce a pick up plan after the non essential travel restriction is lifted. Thanks fo your continued patience and support.)
- Kindergarten Round Up (See above for Info on Preregistering)
- Onsite learning for the rest of the 19/20 Instructional Calendar
- Standardized testing: IREAD, ILEARN and IAM (local assessments and weekly tests will be decided later)
- Any onsite events or field trips at Harris
- Special Olympics/Unified Champions Game Day
School Assistance Requests
If you need assistance or have a concern, please contact your child's teacher, our school counselor or the principal. Phone calls to Harris are not currently being answered. Please use the link below for staff email addresses or utilize your teacher's messaging system.
School Counselor Connection
Message from Mrs. Hall- Harris School Counselor
Here are some tips about how to help kids cope and decrease anxiety:
- Keep updated by getting information from credible media outlets, local public health authorities, and updates from public health websites.
- Seek support and continue connection with friends and family by talking to them on the phone, texting, or communicating through email or social media.
- Although you need to stay informed, minimize exposure to media outlets or social media that might promote fear or panic.
- Spend time together as a family doing activities that you all enjoy. A little sunshine is helpful during hard times.
- Talk to children about their feelings and validate them. Drawing is a great way for kids to express themselves.
- Focus on supporting children by encouraging questions and helping them understand the current situation. Check in with them on a regular basis.
Please reach out to Mrs. Hall by email if you have a need and are looking for various community resources during the next few weeks. She will contact you back.
- School Counselor: Katie Hall
- Office Hours: 10:00am-12:00pm
- Email: email@example.com
Stay Connected with Harris
Wifi Access: GC has made wireless access available in the Eden South parking lot, and the main parking lot at Maxwell Intermediate Schools. You can park in the parking lot and join GC-Public wifi without a password in those locations.
Hancock County Public Library: Wifi and eBooks
- WiFi: the Hancock County Public Library has extended their Wifi into the parking lot of the library here in Greenfield. Feel free to use this service as you social distance.
- Students have a digital library card and can access all of our online resources at https://hcplibrary.org/.
- Click on the Online Resources, Reference and Research, Teens, and Kids tabs to see everything available.
- Librarians are available Monday - Friday on our instant message chat from 12-5 p.m. to answer your questions.
At this time, GC still intends to host Camp Invention at JB Stephens.
Do your kids need something to look forward to this summer? Camp Invention is coming to J.B. Stephens Elementary on July 13-17! Watch this Camp Invention 2020 video to get a preview of what students will experience. The National Inventors Hall of Fame also compiled this At Home STEM Activity Guide for families.
We now have $100 scholarships available to help families send their children to camp! A huge thanks goes out to our community partners: Hancock Health, Duke Energy and Greenfield-Central School Foundation. Complete this Camp Invention Scholarship Form to receive scholarship support. (If we have to cancel or change camp dates, full refunds will be issued to parents.)
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Leliaert at firstname.lastname@example.org or Krista Steeno at email@example.com