The Titan Rec Center is a place where students can meet their fitness goals and interact with peers.
Any student attending Cal State Fullerton can sign-up for access to the Student Recreation Center's amenities by going upstairs and registering with your CWID number and hand print. Access to the facility is included in your tuition, so take advantage of this resource!
Special Features of the Center
- A multi-court gymnasium with three full indoor basketball courts
- The Student Recreation center offers one of the largest cardio/weight rooms on a west coast campus. This two-level space supports 60 cardio machines, 80 strength machines, and 12 dual functional training motion machines
- An indoor jogging track above the basketball courts with three running lanes and a pace clock
- Multi-purpose activity rooms used to hold classes for yoga, zumba, stretching, and even martial arts. You can also rent out one of these rooms for free to workout alone or with a group of friends.
- Racquetball/Sports Courts that can be rented out for an hour at a time by reserving 24 hours in advance
- Clean locker rooms with showers and lockers you can rent out for the semester for $25
- Rock Climbing Wall: Open climb times are listed on the ASI website
- An out door leisure/lap swimming pool that you can use to lay by the pool and take a dip or make swimming a part of your workout by swimming laps in the three dedicated lanes. On Fridays, they also host and event called "Fun Fridays" from 12-2pm where you can enjoy music, free food, and even some giveaways
You can also rent equipment such as towels, sports balls, and racquetball equipment for free from the front desk
The Recreation Center also offers intramural sports team for competitive or recreational play for athletes that aren't participating in CSUF sports teams. Sports you can participate in include soccer, basketball, volleyball, flag football, softball, and even bowling. For a small $10 fee you can sign-up for one of these sports teams and meet new people while playing a sport you enjoy.
Award for Best Overall Sustainable Design
In 2007 the student recreation center also received an award for "Best Overall Sustainable Design" in their efforts to conserve energy, limit excess water use, and use clean waste management processes
The benefits of the Student Rec center include: A positive and comfortable workout environment, A place to connect and meet new people, Maintain a healthy lifestyle and reduce stress. Plus it's included with your tuition so its FREE "essentially"
800 N. State College Blvd, Fullerton, CA 92831
The gym is pretty full from around 11 am - 8 pm so if you don't want to deal with a crowded space the best times to enjoy the center are early in the morning between the hours of 6 am - 11 am and then also at night time between the hours of 8 pm - 12 am.
The Student Recreation Center is a great resource for students to meet their physical goals while alleviating the stress from school, work, or other personal distractions. There are more than enough helpful staff members to assist with whatever you may have questions about. Whether you want to take a swim, lift weights, play basketball, get all Bruce lee and do karate, or just simply go for a walk the Student Recreation Center has something for everyone to enjoy.