43% of children who are abused are abused by family members.
33% are abused by someone they know.
24% are sexually abused by strangers (Hayes, 1990).
- Hayes, R. (1990). "Child Sexual Abuse." Crime Prevention Journal.
- JAMA Pediatrics (2013). Retrieved from http://www.unh.edu/ccrc/pdf/05-13 percent20PED percent20childhood percent20exposure percent20to percent20violence. Pdf
- Estes, Richard. (2003). The Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children in the U.S, Canada, & Mexico. Center for the Study of Youth Policy. University of Pennsylvania.
- France, D (2008). Love among the ruins, The Oprah Magazine, October issue.
- Webb, T. Abuse of the Disabled: Violence against Women with Disabilities. Working Against Violence in Our Community.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE