There are multiple doors to joining the OPH team. Here are some tips!
OPH team members include both:
- Louisiana Civil Service (State) employed and
- contractors (employed through another organization).
A contract position does not necessarily mean a short-term position. Full benefits package are often included. In fact an Office of Public Health contract position through a direct employer (e.g. Southeast Area Health Education Center, Louisiana Public Health Institute, Kelly Services, etc.) can often be hired more quickly. Don't count out contract positions!
Because OPH is a major employer, we typically have openings in various Louisiana locations. Some postings close quickly so check often or better yet, set up job alerts with both Indeed and GovernmentJobs. Here's where to find your OPH opportunity:
- Indeed.com typically includes contract positions as well as Civil Service (direct state employed positions). Set up alerts after you search "Louisiana Office of Public Health". On the right side, activate to be the first to see new posted jobs from us.
- GovernmentJobs.com lists Louisiana Civil Service positions (OPH included). Only state positions are listed on this site. Be sure your filter is set by clicking "LDH-Office of Public Health." Set up alerts on top left menu under "Subscribe to Job Notifications" and select "Public Health" to subscribe to.
- LinkedIn for Louisiana Department of Health periodically highlights positions. Follow the department to get updates through LinkedIn.
For more on Louisiana's Office of Public Health, access our full website.
Have a question about this OPH Career Site? Contact OPHworkforce@la.gov.