- Simplistic, reputations boasts "the hard sell"
- direct repetitive
- Irritate your way into peoples consciousness
- Hilighintg how product was different from others on market
- repetition of the usp
- Bill Bernbach
- more sophisticated audience more sophisticated advertising
- recognizes audience has a brain
- blending creativity art with marketing commerce
- broke wall between viewer of ad product advertised
Glossary for advertising.
- Branding: What a product represents, lifestyle, personality, identity, values quality, look)
- Media saturation: when we are bombarded with adverts ... 3000 a day according to the documentary and that was over 20 years ago
- objectification:The seeing and or treating usually a woman as an object IN the representation of women this is often sexual objectification
- Gender roles for women roles are often limited to housewife or sex object. For men, roles are often represented by the breadwinner and being served by women
- Dismemberment: cropping and fragmentation of the female body in media images which encourages objectification often this is the legs or parts of the torso.
Sell and Spin : The history of advertising.-Notes
- -tapping into desire + creating need
- getting out a message + chifting the product
- using images + words
- creates illusion that its directed at you, the individual viewer
- ads are everywhere
- $450 spent annually.
- coca cola's ad spending has led to global brand recognition
- Leo Burnett- created personalities as products.
- very big history even from pompeii.
- gutenberg printing presss