weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, chalkfest, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. Mandatory Bus Evacuation Drills: We are required to practice these each semester. The transportation department has scheduled our drill for the afternoon of November 5th. Please know our buses will be running a little later than normal that afternoon.
2. Parent/Teacher Conferences: We enjoyed seeing those of you that were in to meet with teachers on Tuesday this week. We are hopeful that you found the time valuable. We look forward to seeing everybody else on November 8th. If you still have not signed up for a time/date and would still like one, you can still contact your child's homeroom teacher.
3. Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation Safety Symposium
4. Daylight Saving Time: Don't forget to "fall back" this Sunday morning.
5. American Legion Flag Essay Winners: We would like to congratulate Lorelei S. and Landon E. They were selected by our local post as essays winners. Each of their essays will be placed in the district competition.
6. Family STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Night: This event will take place on November 14th from 6:30-7:30pm. Click below for more details.
7. Hancock County Christmas Connection Application:
8. Toys for Tots: If you would like to make a donation to the cause, a collection box is available in the school office until December 8th.
9. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned earlier this year, we had a large group of staff members who met on several occasions over the summer to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help again. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your continued support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple of comments that have been shared:
"Miss Strifler is really nice and is a good teacher."
"Our daughter comes home from school happy every single day! This is a testament to the overall positive environment at MIS. Mrs. Tilley, in particular, gives our daughter the confidence to continue to push herself and grow. She feels genuinely cared for and safe. Our family is thankful for Mrs. Tilley and all that she does (which is a lot!)!"
10. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Wyatt F., Malachi C., Amelia M., Claire G., Jillian V., Emily M., James O., and Harper H.
11. ILEARN (replaces ISTEP+): Attached is a document from the Indiana Department of Education identifying 5 Key Points for Parents to know about the new assessment students will be taking this spring
12. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
13. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.email@example.com
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
November 5th: 5th Grade DARE Graduation (8:00am)
November 5th: Bus Evacuation Drills (End of day)
November 8th: P/T Conferences (4-7pm)
November 12th: Veteran's Day Q/A - 5th Grade (8:30am)
November 14th: Family STEM Night (6:30-7:30pm)
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY