The Littleton Rotary Club was presented with its charter on December 15 in 1922. The ceremony, which was held in the Littleton High School gym, served to establish Littleton club No. 1282. The first 10 years of its existence the group held its meetings at the Saar Hotel on Nevada Street, and later at the Baptist Church on Alamo Avenue. Used by presiding officers in conducting meetings, this gong was presented to the Rotary Club of Littleton by William C. Sterne, and was donated to the Littleton Area Historical Society sometime in the 1960s.
#ShareLittleton #ThrowbackThursday #TBT #LittletonHistory
(From the collection of the Littleton Museum. May not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Littleton Museum.)