1. José de Urrea was a Mexican General
2. William B. Travis was born in South Carolina
3. Travis's family moved to Alabama in 1818
4. Travis later became an attorney and married Rosanna Cato.
5. In 1830, Travis left his family and moved to Texas and acquired land from Stephen F. Austin
6. Travis became part of a rebel group that opposed the law of April 6, 1830
7. After the Consultation, he became a lieutenant colonel in the Texas army
8. In February 1836, he was chosen as one of the commanders at the Alamo
9. He had a role in the Texas Revolution, too
10. Travis was sent to assist Bowie.