Joey started racing in 2012 at the age of 9. From 2012 to 2016 he raced Quarter Midgets winning many races, club track records and track championships. In 2017 he moved up to the USAC Speed2 Midget Series earning Rookie of the Year. In 2018 he raced both dirt and pavement in the USAC Western Speed2 Midget series where he finished the season in 2nd place in both the pavement and overall championship standings. Joey also competed in the 51FIFTY Jr. Late Model Series for Naake-Klauer Motorsports at both Madera Speedway and Las Vegas Motor Speedway’s Bull Ring.
In 2019 Joey drove the number #88 Chevrolet Late Model for Nakke-Klauer Motorsports in the 51FIFTY Jr Late Model series where he won the 2019 Championship. Joey also competed in 7 Nut-Up Pro Late Model Series races at Madera Speedway. In addition to the Late Models, Joey competed in selected USAC Western Speed 2 Midget races, winning 7 races in 7 starts.
In 2020 Joey is competing in the Nut-Up Pro-Late Model Series, the SRL Super Late Model Series, and the ARCA Menards West Series. Select SRL Super Late Model races are televised on Mav-TV and the ARCA Menards West Races are televised on NBC Sports Network.
In 2021 Joey is racing for DGR (David Gilliland Racing) in the ARCA Menards Series East and for Naake - Klauer Motorsports in the ARCA Menards Series West. These races are televised on NBC Sports Network, FoxSports1, FoxSports2 and MAVTV.
The ARCA Menards Series
The ARCA Menards Series network reaches out through a variety of media, including live and tape-delayed TV, broadcast and satellite radio, streaming services, social media platforms.
ARCA Menards Series will visit 17 of the top 20 TV Markets, including four of the top five and six of the top 10:
- ARCA has been a top-rated series on the FOX Sports Broadcasting motorsports programming outlet which is now FS1
- MAVTV will broadcast 12 events on a live basis, and NBCSN will cover an additional 18 events on a delayed basis
- The ARCA Menards Series East and West receives national broadcast exposure with tape-delayed television broadcasts on NBCSN and will be streaming live on Track Pass on NBC Sports Gold
ARCA MENARDS EAST SCHEDULE
- February 8, 2021 - New Smyrna Speedway
- February 27, 2021 - Five Flags Speedway
- May 8, 2021 - Nashville Fairgrounds
- May 14, 2021 - Dover International Speedway
- June 12, 2021 - Southern National Motorsports
- July 24, 2021 - Iowa Speedway
- August 29, 2021 - Milwaukee Mile
- September 16, 2021 - Bristol Motor Speedway
ARCA MENARDS WEST SCHEDULE
- March 12, 2021 - Phoenix Raceway
- June 5, 2021 - Sonoma Raceway
- July 3, 2021 - Irwindale Speedway
- July 31, 2021 - Colorado National Speedway
- August 21, 2021 - Irwindale Speedway
- September 10, 2021 - Portland Int'l Raceway
- September 23, 2021 - Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- October 9, 2021 - All American Speedway
- November 6, 2021 - Phoenix Raceway
ABOUT MOTORSPORTS SPONSORSHIP
DIVERSE, RICH, AND MULTI-DIMENSIONAL MARKETING PLATFORM - Today, companies across almost every industry use sponsorship as a core element of a larger integrated branding strategy. In addition to building consumer awareness and loyalty, motorsports sponsorship also drives real business results through unique and exclusive corporate entertainment, business to business initiatives, and internal programs for recruiting and incentives.
MOTORSPORTS AS A MARKETING PLATFORM PROVIDES MANY POWERFUL ATTRIBUTES TO A BRAND OR COMPANY, INCLUDING:
- Increased brand awareness, image and loyalty
- Enhanced stakeholder engagement
- Unmatched hospitality and entertainment opportunities
- Compression of the B2B sales cycle
- Money-can't-buy internal and external incentive awards
- At-Track product promotion/sampling/data capture opportunities
- Boost endemic and non-endemic public relations
- Provide a powerful corporate rallying point
- Bring new energy to corporate functions
- Integration with other marketing/advertising programs to leverage value
B2B - THE BUSINESS OF DOING BUSINESS THROUGH RACING
MORE THAN 1 IN 4 FORTUNE 500 COMPANIES ARE INVOLVED IN NASCAR, INCLUDING MORE THAN HALF OF THE FORTUNE 100. WHY? ACCESS AND RELATIONSHIPS.
While some sporting events may last only a few hours, for those engaged in motorsports, events can last not only the day of the major event, but an entire weekend. For sponsors, this proximity to other sponsors and their businesses present time to foster and grow relationships that often turn into business deals. Not only will sponsors be at a single event, but many will travel throughout the NASCAR schedule, allowing potential deals to get started, incubate, and be finalized.
Joey's business and marketing team specializes in looking for opportunities within the "garage area" and their own networks to help our partners make new contacts, begin new relationships, and ultimately do more business through Joey's racing platform. We win on-track and off!
SOME COMPELLING NUMBERS
- 1 - Construction/Building & Ground Maintenance ranks as #1 occupation among NASCAR fans
- 1 - NASCAR is the #1 sport in fan brand loyalty to sponsors among major U.S. sports
- 2 - Joey Iest Championships - 2019 51FIFTY Jr. Late Model Champion and 2019 USAC Western Speed 2 Midget Series Chmampion.
- 2 - Mining/Construction ranks as #2 occupation among NASCAR fans
- 3 - Under the NASCAR banner, the ARCA Menards Series Platform has grown to three distinct series
- 4 - ARCA encompasses 4 separate championships and as many as 35 race events are televised nationally
- 10 - The number of months the ARCA Menards season lasts, providing a near year-round marketing platform
- 27 - 27 of the 35 race events are streamed live by the NBC Sports Gold digital platform on TrackPass
- 361,000 - The average number of television viewers on FS1 per event over 8 live telecasts in 2020
- 58 Million - Annual television views (NASCAR)
- 55 Million - Unique digital visitors (NASCAR)
- 4 Billion - Social Media impressions (NASCAR)