Duff Elementary . . . No Ordinary Family
We are approaching the home stretch and Friday, April 9th will be the end of the fifth six weeks of school. Spring is always a busy time around school with many fun activities! Speaking of fun. . . Mr. Bostick is busily planning for Field Day! Although parents and visitors are not able to attend this year, students will enjoy another piece of "normal" returning to their school year. Field Day is not the only thing students have to look forward to in the remaining weeks of school. We are making plans for 6th grade Cluster, end-of-year picnics and grade level celebrations.
Tuesday is a big day for our 4th graders as they take the STAAR Writing Test.
April 15th is the day for our retake/make-up picture day and kindergarten graduation pictures.
COVID Safety reminders
- Please complete the Wellness Survey each morning before bringing your child to school. https://www.aisd.net/duff-elementary/
- If your child is quarantined due to an extracurricular activity please call the school (682.867.2000) and let us know your student will be virtual for the quarantine time.
- Please complete the wellness survey each day before your child arrives at school. https://www.aisd.net/duff-elementary/
- If you arrive to drop your student off in the circle drive or back parking lot and the doors are closed, students will need to enter the front door and have the temperature taken when they enter.
- Have your child ready to exit the car quickly with their backpack, water bottle, and mask each morning.
- Virtual Learners: Attending daily Zooms and completing required work is the best way to experience the online learning environment and is crucial to make adequate progress. In order to be counted present, you must attend Zoom(s) and/or complete all daily work.
- Face-to-Face Learners: We have been thankful to have 300+ face-to-face learners each day. When students need to miss school due to illness, quarantine, or appointments, they may choose to attend class via Zoom and/or complete required work in Canvas/Seesaw and be counted present.
- Administration will reach out after 3 unexcused absences to discuss a plan to improve attendance. When a student has 5 unexcused absences, the truancy officer is notified.
- Parents will complete a Change for Instructional Setting Request form when students are required to be quarantined. (please see link below)
- We look forward to the day when we have 100% of our students as face-to-face learners where we can give them our very best and know they are well prepared.
- The student code of conduct book discusses the Texas Attendance Law in more detail. https://www.aisd.net/district/departments/administration/student-behavioral-support-systems/
The Week In Review
We LOVE this part of the weekly newsletter. If you are a virtual learner, we would love to add some photos of your learning as well. Please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will add your photos too!
Created with images by geralt - "coronavirus contact no" • TerriC - "easter easter eggs easter egg" • AnnieSpratt - "eggs easter eggs candy" • geralt - "social media icon hand"