In This Issue ...
- Pastor’s Message: Three Things I Can Give Thanks For In 2020
- Church Calendar:
- Ignite Worship Experience Resumes later in January
- Opportunities to Get Together via Zoom (Sabbath Schools, Church Service, and Prayer Meeting)
- Grow Groups - Winter Session Begins January 3, 2021
- Online Giving
- 911 - Is God listening?
- Featured Link: Adventist Community Services/Potomac Conference
- Photos and Articles:
- o Josiah Riley’s Baptism
- o Angel Tree
- o Pathfinder Food Drive
Pastor’s Message: Three Things I Can Give Thanks for in 2020
Goodbye to 2020! I am not sure if I have ever before been eager for a year to end and a new year to begin. I am sure everyone knows what I mean. But wait, is this the best that I can do, to be glad the year is over? 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says: Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Here are some things I am thankful for in 2020:
1) That Bible prophecies are being fulfilled so we can see Christ’s return sooner rather than later. Although prophetically, this is only the “little time of trouble” we know that this time must happen before the Sunday law is passed and the “big time of trouble” comes right before Jesus’ return!
Amos 3:7 KJ21 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, unless He revealeth His secret unto His servants the prophets.
2) Being forced to stay home so much, to drive less, to go out to eat less, to socialize in person less, gives us the opportunity to be still. I am thankful for that. During this time, I have allowed God to permeate my thoughts and my feelings more.
Psalm 46:10 NIV He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;mI will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
3) This pandemic has given most of us the opportunity to spend more time with our families. As Shaunti Feldhahn wrote: “Do you want to be closer to your spouse? Are you irritated with a friend or relative? Feeling distant from God? Emulate those who enjoy their relationships the most — by hanging out more, not less. You may just find enjoyment welling up again in your relationships too.”
"This is my beloved, this is my friend ..." Song of Solomon 5:16b (NIV)
I am thankful for all these things in 2020 and am confident He will provide for much to be thankful for in 2021.
Sabbath/January 2nd, 2021
10:40am: In Person Worship Reopening at reduced capacity at Church in the Sanctuary
Online Worship Service:
Goodbye for Now from Heather Pederson:
It is with a sad heart that I announce I am moving to Florida in a few months. Vienna SDA Church has been like a second home to me, and I will miss everyone very much. I appreciate all the love and support church members have shown my family and me over 20+ years! I look forward to Jesus’s soon return and to the time when we will all be reunited in heaven! I plan to stay in touch and visit when I can. My contact info will remain the same: cell 703/801.2316 and email@example.com PS let me know if you are interested in being the Communications Leader and continuing the monthly newsletter!
-Ignite Worship Experience Resumes later in January-
You are invited to the Ignite worship experience, 1st and 3rd Fridays at 7pm. Ignite is a weekly evening worship experience led, shaped and created by our youth and young adults, yet everyone is invited! The purpose of Ignite is to spark a movement of young disciple makers.
Ignite is NOT merely for spectating, but has been designed for active engagement and interaction. You are strongly encouraged to chat with our chat hosts and each other throughout the Ignite experience. We are fostering loving online community.
To view archived Ignite sessions, they are available on-demand at the link below.
Opportunities to Get Together Via Zoom
Prayer Meeting Wednesday Nights at 7:30pm
Young Adults: Meeting 2nd and 4th Sabbaths ((Meeting ID: 821 683 638 Password: 069278))
Junior Sabbath School at 9:50 on Sabbath (Meeting Id: 760 8866 9050 Password: 4TqmHT)
Church Worship Service Sabbath at 10:40am
Stay connected, Stay blessed! - Garry
Grow Groups: Experience Authentic Community
Experience Authentic Community starting... Jan. 3 - Mar. 13, 2021!
Here at Vienna, we do life together by joining or starting a Grow Group. Gather together weekly or twice a month with people from your church, neighborhood, school, work, etc. Being a part of a Grow Group is life changing and enriching, and you’ll never be the same again. Online Grow Groups are available, and you are encouraged to start one as well.
If we would faithfully bring God our tithes and offerings, His treasury would be filled.
Jesus taught that the value of the gift is estimated not by the amount, but by the proportion that is given and the motive that actuates the giver.
“He which soweth sparingly, he shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give, not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” Acts 20:35; 2 Corinthians 9:6,7.
Here is an interesting video on tithing
Tithe and offerings may be submitted on the church’s secure website, Togethernet at https://viennasda.ccbchurch.com/index.php login, and click on “Give”! You may choose from several giving designations.
911 – Is God Listening?
“Call to me and I will answer you” Jer. 33:3
“Call to me and I will answer you” Jer. 33:3 If you would like to request special prayer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and Vienna’s Prayer Team will pray for your needs. Each request will be treated with confidentiality. Or use the Prayer Text Line – Send your prayer requests to (703) 801-2316.
Featured Link: Adventist Community Services/Potomac Conference
ACS is the official community outreach ministry of the Adventist church in North American Division. ACS serves the whole person, a concept known as holistic ministry whose mission is to “serve the community in Christ’s name.”
Josiah Riley is baptized on December 26, 2020, by Pastor CJ Cousins.