Our Number One Priority
The number one priority at Prairie Point Elementary is the health and safety of our students and staff. We have worked countless hours to create a plan to safely welcome our students and staff back in the building. Please keep in mind that our plan could change as we receive more information and guidance from public health officials. We will notify you if we make changes. Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we navigate this school year together.
Health Guidelines for Students and Staff
Students and staff who are feeling sick must stay home. Parents will self-assess students for Covid-19 symptoms. Staff will self-assess for Covid-19 symptoms daily. Staff and students will stay home if they have a fever of 100.4 F or greater. All members of our Park Hill family will follow these guidelines to screen for symptoms of COVID-19, and must stay home if ill.
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle pain
- Lack of appetite
- Loss of taste or smell
Exposure to COVID-19
If students or staff members feel healthy but have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, they need to stay home and monitor their health until 14 days after their last exposure. Families should notify their child's principal, and staff should notify their supervisors of the exposure.
Health Room and Quarantine Room
Our school nurse will use all of the recommended health guidelines if a child is sent to the health room with Covid-19 symptoms. The following is a list of extra precautions we have in place for the health room:
- Frequent hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, gloves
- Visitors will wash their hands upon entering and exiting the health room
- Masks will be worn by our nurse, students, and staff
- Proper PPE will be worn based on the individual's health needs
- Cots, chairs, and other surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected between staff/student visits and throughout the day as needed
- Custodial staff will clean and disinfect as part of their regular cleaning routine
- A designated quarantine room has been established for students/staff who may have COVID-19 symptoms
Our 5 Pillars of Prevention
We have worked throughout the summer to modify our building procedures to prioritize safety in all areas. The areas below highlight specific protocols that are outlined in our 5 Pillars of Prevention.
If you have trouble viewing the information below, you can view the entire 5 Pillars of Prevention Matrix by clicking here.