ReVolution #research is an annual series of world wide VR technology demonstration competition since 2006. This is the competition that brings together the most innovative projects in the world. These projects, ranging from the most playful to the most scientific, represent the early beginnings of future Virtual Reality technologies which could become a part of your future daily life. Selected by a jury of professionals and scientists, the best projects receive a booth in the Laval Virtual exhibition.
ReVolution #research 2019 calls for innovative virtual reality demo projects that fall under the theme, “VR5.0”. Let us bring in the next version of VR. In prehistoric age, the human race had worked by hunting and farming. The extra commodities were used to exchange for other goods which gave birth to commerce, market, and currency. Later industrial and logistics creates new products and opens up new possibilities. We, the human society believe the reality of virtue of economy that contains gold, law, products, companies and efficiency...etc. However, they might as well felt as imaginary things in the past era. Some virtue, small examples and experiences could bring us to the next era. Now we are living in the internet age, which began from “Web1.0” with static servers and HTML page contents. Today we all have smartphones which connect all people by IPs with a small touchable display. The web technology is going to from 2.0 to 3.0 thanks to the personalized filtering and smart contracts by block chains. However, we still have not recognized the new virtue in the history of virtual reality. The VR3.0 were developed by game engine and personal HMD. VR4.0 will be developed by social media and commerce technology that will be faster and more efficient than real commerce. The ReVolution #research 2019 will try to focus on the cross point of VR3.0 and VR4.0, social + web and the next generation of our virtual reality. Do not forget to recognize the future virtue of reality.
You want to apply?
New in 2019, you can register your project with the F6S platform
You have until the 7th December 2018 to create your profil in F6S and until the 21st December 2018 to submit & complete your registration.
All the results will be announced between the 7th and the 14th January 2019.
To be eligible, your submission should include your proposal composed with a tether page, an install plan, the experience scenario for professional and public day, the logistic plan, a representative photo which can explain the experience for the public and a video.
What criteria are used to select projects?
All submissions will be reviewed by the jury committee, which consists of academic, professionals, and anonymous open called jury, according to the following criteria:
- Originality: Novelty in techniques and approach
- Creativity: Bringing new sense to the audiences
- Attractivity: Presence and Impact for the visitor of Laval Virtual
Reviewed projects will be selected by Laval Virtual organization to check these elements:
- Feasibility: Rate of implement ability to realize your concept
- Safety and logistics for abroad: The project must be suitable for oversea exhibition
- Ethics: All exhibition must respect European and local governments law
You are accepted? Congrats!
The accepted projects win a free booth during Laval Virtual exhibition. Around ten projects will be selected to exhibit in three categories:
- Invited: 9sqm Stand (Wednesday to Sunday ) + Flight tickets (3 person maximum), accommodation (3 person maximum), LV Party tickets + Lunch + Dinner. Four projects from partner events and open submission
- Welcome: 9sqm Stand (Wednesday to Sunday). Top projects from the open submission
- Weekend: Stand (Saturday to Sunday, only for the grand public days). Desired and VRIC Jury recommend projects from the open submission
Anne-Sophie Clayer, firstname.lastname@example.org, +33 2 43 49 75 61