Thai Red Curry Chicken Recipe by Chef Kaori
- 3 cups coconut milk(2 cans), cream skimmed off and reserved
- 2 TBS red curry paste(home made or store-bought)
- 3 makrut lime leaves or lime zest
- 2-3 TB extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 30 Thai basil leaves
- 3 TBS fish sauce
- 2 tsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- 4 chicken thighs, cut bite size
- Your choice of vegetable(I used onion, red pepper, zucchini, and corn)
- The amount of curry paste: If you use store-bought curry paste, adjust the amount based on the recipe on the package. Also the amount of sodium depends on the brand. Adjust the amount of fish sauce and sugar to taste.
- Place 1 cup of the coconut cream in a heated wok or skillet. Add the curry paste and simmer for 1 minutes. Add remaining coconut milk and the makrut lime leaves and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add your vegetables based on cooking time. Longest first.
- When the vegetables are almost cooked through, add the chicken and half of the basil leaves and simmer for a few minutes. Add the fish sauce, palm sugar, and the remaining basil leaves and continue to simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
Matcha Creme Brûlée Recipe
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 TBS and 1 tsp Matcha
- Pinch of salt
- Turn the steam oven on by selecting the steam mode set to 180℉.
- Place the cream in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup sugar, Matcha, salt, and the egg yolks until well blended. Add the cream a little at a time, stirring continually. Strain the custard through a fine mesh sieve into a clean container. Pour the custard into 6 (7 to 8-ounce) ramekins. Steam just until the creme brulee is set, but still trembling in the center, approximately 40 minutes depending on the size and shape of the ramekins
- Remove the ramekins from the pan and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 3 days. Divide the remaining 1/2 cup vanilla sugar equally among the 6 dishes and spread evenly on top. Using a torch, melt the sugar and form a crispy top. Allow the creme brulee to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.