Task-Oriented Communication: Their focus is on the task, not the person. They may ignore the feelings and feedback of others. They have close supervision and rigid communication.
Relationship-Oriented Communication: Their focus is on the provision of a supportive, trusting, and respectful environment. They do not closely supervise performance. They actively listen, solicit opinions, and recognize feelings.
The founding director of the sport and entertainment business management MBA at the University of South Florida
"Leadership needs to be able to craft a vision that is attainable and can be realized, and most importantly articulate that vision of success throughout the organization, and define their respective roles in helping to realize that success. Remember, informed people are involved, and involved people are inspired.”
Source: USF Muma College of Business
The football program at Baylor University
- Since 2011, Baylor University has had numerous allegations come to light including sexual assault, drug possession, and theft.
- On February 11, 2013, Art Briles was notified by an assistant coach that a female student-athlete was accusing a football player of brandishing a gun at her.
- On September 13, 2013, Shillinglaw sent a text to Art Briles notifying him that a player who had gotten a massage had "supposedly exposed himself and asked for favors.”
- On September 20, 2013, a player was arrested for assault and threatening to kill a non-athlete.
- On August 15, 2015, a player was arrested for possession of marijuana.
- Source: MSN.com
The football program at Clemson University
- Strong leaders- Ben Boulware, Deshaun Watson, Christian Wilkins
- Dabo holds players accountable for their actions
- Social Media Blackout
- "Clemson graduated football players at nearly the same rate (79% vs. 78%) as the rest of the school's male body."
- Source: TIME Sports