We're boaters and business people — our boat is our office and we depend on onSpot wifi to do business
With our network built, we then created a simple, but sound, support structure to keep it running and our users online
Network Management- onSpot has gone to marinas and replaced what was once expensive high-tech gear. However, because it wasn't managed properly, all the components had become costly pieces of plastic hanging from poles. Not only is this wasted money for your marina, an unreliable WiFi network creates a perception that the marina is low tech and you just don't care.
Help Desk For Boaters/Marinas- Second only to our WiFi, marina guests really appreciate having a kind, empathetic person who's always happy to answer WiFi questions and help them connect. Our True Blue users have come to know our Help Staff and feel comfortable calling them for all things WiFi.
- Password reminders, help with connection to the correct access point, assistance hooking up TVs or other streaming devices.
- Our official hours are from 8AM to 8PM - 7 days a week, but send an email to email@example.com and we’ll usually respond anytime.
- We’re monitoring our marinas 24/7 to make sure we know of any technical issues that arise. Our monitoring system notifies us of any communication breaks on any critical component, anywhere, anytime.
- We’ll try and contact marina personnel to inform them of a problem but we don’t stop there. If it’s an ISP connection issue, we’re on the phone with Comcast, AT&T, Bright House, Atlantic Broadband, Verizon Fios, or whoever the ISP may be that serves that particular marina.
- We schedule needed service calls or dispatch our own engineers if the problem is with our equipment.
- Rest assured, if there’s a WiFi problem at any of our marinas we’re doing something to resolve it quickly and efficiently; most often before anyone knows there’s a glitch.
- A marina’s users/boaters can call us with any WiFi related problems they may have. Even if it’s with something we don’t support, we’ll do our best to make our customers happy.
- We pride ourselves on being able to get any user online anytime, but the boaters need to call us. When they do, our support desk can see the user and the attempted connection. If it’s the wrong access point we can suggest a different one or do some adjustments to make things run faster.
We make it easy to locate all our marinas- To help guide boaters to our marinas, onSpot has exclusive placement in all Waterway Guide Publications. Waterway Guide is like a cruising boater's bible; now they can easily find us wherever they travel - and they do.
We make logging in as easy as possible- Below is an example of our instructional brochure; we leave these at the dock office so marina personnel can present them to guests as they check in. This takes most of the questions out of the log-in process and it provides our phone number in case they have special requests. Our Help Desk is operational 8AM to 8PM, 7 days a week. Boaters love this.