The Official Schedule will be released closer to the event start-date.
However, we can tell you a few details:
Also on Tuesday Oct. 17th, we will have another gathering! After the day of Plein Air creations, we will gather at Bar Avalon, 116 East Gay Street, West Chester, PA. There we can display your finished works and have the opportunity for pre-sales!
Answers to the Frequently Asked Questions
- PAINTERS: NO GALLERY WRAPPED CANVAS ALLOWED. All paintings must be framed. The issue with the gallery-wrapped canvas is that the wet paint from the sides gets on other peoples artwork and on our walls. It also poses issues when trying to hang the art for the show and for a buyer to try to take the artwork home after purchase.
- We will have a station set up at Janssen's Market from Monday through Thursday (see the Artwork Drop Off Schedule on the next page). Here, you can drop off your finished artwork and/or get more canvases stamped.
- You may submit up to a total of 10 framed pieces for the judging, show and sale. But you may only turn in up to 3 pieces per day, so please turn in your work all week long.
- All submitted works may not exceed 30" on any side (including the frame).
- YES. You are allowed to "tone" your canvas before getting it stamped. So long as no shapes or sketches are drawn, you can have a layer of paint on the canvas to have as a base.
- Artwork is to remain on display until 4:00pm on Sunday, Oct. 22nd. Artists are to take any unsold artwork to the check-out desk where you can confirm your inventory. Artwork is to be checked out by 5:00pm on that day.
- If you cannot be there in person to pick-up your unsold artwork, please make arrangements for someone to pick it up for you at 4pm on Sunday, Oct. 22nd. All unsold artwork should be completely checked-out by 5pm.
You may turn in up to 3 pieces of Art per day.
Please turn in your artwork all week. You will be limited to THREE submissions per day. Painter/drawers must have all of their works turned in by 7pm on Thursday at Winterthur. Photographers may turn in up to TWO final pieces before 10am on Friday at Winterthur.
Artwork Drop-off Schedule:
- Monday 8am - 6pm @ Janssen's Market
- Tuesday 6am - 3pm @ Janssen's Market
- Tuesday 6:00pm - 9:30pm @ Bar Avalon (Nocturne)
- Wednesday 6am - 3pm @ Janssen's Market
- Wednesday 4pm - 7pm @ Marshalton Inn
- Thursday 6am - 1pm @ Janssen's Market
- Thursday 7am - 7pm @ Winterthur
- Friday, photographers may turn in up to 2 final pieces by 10am @ Winterthur
Friday, October 20, 2017
The Opening Reception from 7pm - 10pm.
Winterthur Museum, Gardens and Library
5105 Kennett Pike, Wilmington, DE 19807
Saturday 10/21 and Sunday 10/22
The Art Show and Sale continues from 10am to 4pm. All unsold artwork must be picked up at 4pm on Sunday.
Can you offer housing to a visiting artist?
We have a few artists who are in need of housing for the duration of the event, and would love to see everyone have the opportunity to participate. If you can offer a room to a traveling artist, please let us know and we will connect you with one of the artists who need housing. Email Justin at: email@example.com or call 302-645-9184 if you can help.
Nearby Hotel Accommodations
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham West Chester. Address: 500 Willowbrook Ln, West Chester, PA 19382 Phone: (610) 674-1224
- Quality Inn & Suites. Address: 943 S High St, West Chester, PA 19382 Phone: (610) 692-1900
- Quality Inn. Address: 4 S New Middletown Rd, Media, PA 19063 Phone: (610) 565-5800
- Brinton Hotel. Address: 1516 Wilmington Pike, West Chester, PA 19382 Phone: (484) 301-9232
Photography by Justin Nixon