In this highest level at ALP, students are challenged to develop their English skills, knowledge and study habits to the point of passing an IELTS or TOEFL exam, entering university classes and performing adequately as university students.
In view of this, the ALP has organized specific requirements for you to master or complete as part of this class.
The following represent a comprehensive list of those items.
As we move through the term, I will explain each item that I expect you to learn or complete, and how I will check your mastery or completion (ex: writing assignment, quiz, test, project, etc.)
ALP Student Learning Objectives for Grammar 6
Students will recognize and use in speaking and writing:
- passive voice in all tenses and aspects
- noun clauses (including the use of the subjunctive following verbs of influence)
- adjective clauses (restrictive and non-restrictive clauses), including form, punctuation and placementadverb clauses (of cause/ of effect/of contrast/of concession/ of condition/of time), including form, punctuation and placement
- adjective/adverb clause reductions, including form, punctuation & placement
- coordinating conjunctions
- connectives that express cause and effect, contrast, and condition
- present, past, and future conditional sentences
Students may also be asked to review and demonstrate competence using grammatical structures introduced in Levels 4 and 5.