Athletes might receive referrals for follow-up care from any Healthy Athlete screenings, and Special Olympics Pennsylvania is committed to assisting our athletes find the services and resources that they require when they return to their local communities. Take a look at the Healthy Athlete Directory which contains contact information of providers who agreed to provide services and resources to individuals with intellectual disabilities!
Healthy Habits are supplemental stations to Healthy Athletes or conducted in high traffic areas when it is not possible to do Healthy Athletes. Healthy Habits are interactive education stations that help build awareness of how healthy habits affect sport performance and everyday life. Healthy Habits focuses on the topics of hydration, nutrition, and physical activity.
Fit 5 is a plan for physical activity, nutrition, and hydration. It can improve athletes health and fitness to make them the best athlete they can be. Check out the Fit 5 one pager for information about responsibilities and outcomes.
If coaches are willing to make the commitment as it does require additional work, please click here and fill out the information to be added to the “wait list.”
health & fitness Coordinators
Health and Fitness Coordinators, are athletes trained through Healthy Lifestyles at Athlete Leadership University.
What do Health & Fitness Coordinators do?
- Create a year round health and fitness club and communicate activities via social media (i.e. Facebook and/or Twitter), e-mail blast, local program newsletter; etc.
- Provide healthy menu input at local program competitions.
- Help the local program partner with health and fitness organizations.
We ensure our local programs' events and competitions are "healthier."
- Add "Non-Smoking Environment or Smoke Free" signage.
- Announcements during HOD and Head Coaches meetings that "we are a non-smoking organization."
- No soda/desserts served during breakfast and/or lunch.
For More Information Contact:
Chelsea Drob, Director of Programming Projects, Special Olympics Pennsylvania
Special Olympics Pennsylvania
Phone: 610-630-9450 ext. 233
Mail: 2570 Blvd of the Generals, Suite 124, Norristown PA 19403