1. What type of text is it? What is its title?
Tittle: Junior Counselor 2016-2017
Text Type: A set of instructions
2. Who are the primary and secondary target audience? (age, gender, ethnicity, interests etc.)
1. Target YK Pao School current Y7-Y11 Students
2. YK Pao School current staff members and community members
3. What is the text’s primary purpose and secondary purposes?
Primary Purpose: promote JC program and attract more student applicants, which would increase the quality of Junior Counselor for summer 2017.
Secondary Purpose: for my reference in English B Homework.
4. What contextual aspects of the text are important? (year, location, political background, economic background, social factors etc.)
√ School Support
√ Who lead this
√ History of this project
√ Participants feedback
5. What important language / linguistic devices contribute to the text’s purpose?
Important, need to show encouragement, show the candidates that they have a high chance to be admitted.
6. Is phonology important?
No, bullet point is more preferred. clear is more important than accuracy.
7. Is syntax important?
Yes, formal language is required to make it look better.
8. Is grammar important?
Yes, the accuracy of grammar could show the strength of the team.
9. What about pragmatics?
It is important, an instruction need to have good pragmatics to make it clear and to avoid misunderstanding.
10. Is typography important? Why?
Yes, same as above, to avoid misunderstanding.
11. Visual images, charts and graphics?
A chart would help to establish the meaning of the instruction.
12. Other striking features? tone? style? theme? etc.