ALL GOOGLE DOCUMENT LINKS ARE ACCESSIBLE ONLY WITH GRANITESD.ORG CREDENTIALS!!
SAGE resources and links
- Be sure you have reset your password to the SAGE system. Your username is always your email address!
- You must change the password used last year, it won't work.
- REMINDERS: NO JUNIORS (11TH) GRADES WILL TEST IN ANY SUBJECT, ONLY 10TH AND 12TH (IF THEY ARE TAKING THE CLASS FOR ORIGINAL CREDIT.
- English Language Learners will take all test sections even if their first enrollment in a US public school is as late as April 14, 2018.
- In your folder student rosters are marked if a 12th grade/10th grade student must test or not. Work with the department teachers to coordinate testing sessions if not all students need to test! I am willing to help with proctoring a schedule but you need to plan out in advance with me!
- STUDENTS MUST OPT OUT AT LEAST 24 HOURS PRIOR TO TESTING SO THE TEST IS NOT DELIVERED TO THEM. ALL FORMS MUST BE HANDLED IN THE MAIN OFFICE!
Testing Protocol and Procedures
- AIR Logs will be in a folder given to you but you will need to print out your own class logs from the Shared Drive;
- Student Login tickets will only be printed upon request. You can print your own from the SSID reports found in the Shared drive. Goto S:\Taylorsville_Sr\Staff\SAGE\sage2018 from your computer or the portal web storage folders.(SEE IMAGE BELOW)
- To find your classes, use Control-F for Find, then type your LAST NAME, First Name. Print the range of pages for your classes.
Testing Log Protocol
- Student Test Tickets – ensure that students know their seven-digit SSID number
- Keep your testing logs updated as students take the SAGE tests! You are responsible for most makeups during the window.
- Please mark "A" for any missed tests. Indicate a dropped student with a "D". If you know the date, specify that as well. Any Medical exc. should be marked with "ME"
- Group makeups will only be during the week of May 14-18, in a lab setting. You are responsible to have no more than 5 students for makeups on the rosters for the final makeup week. Please work within your department to get most students tested prior to the last week!
- SIGN YOUR LOG AS THE TEST ADMINISTRATOR at the bottom of the logs when all testing is finished.
- Return you logs to the Media Center, with all students accounted for!
- Students MUST PUT AWAY ALL ELECTRONIC DEVICES, except non Wi-Fi enabled calculators. As proctor, you can help with testing tools only, not content.
- PLEASE READ THE TESTING INSTRUCTIONS DIRECTLY FROM THE TEST ADMINISTRATION MANUAL! DO NOT AD-LIB.
- Don't have several activities going on with testing in your classrooms.
- When students are done testing, they are not allowed to be using the chrome books for other purposes during the session!
- Scratch and/or graph paper – students may not take the paper out of the testing room
- Calculators as appropriate
- Grade 7-12: Calculators allowed on all items
- Science –Grades 7-12: scientific calculator
- Students may provide their own calculator. Phones are NOT allowed during testing
- Reference sheets – Physics, Chemistry
Test Day Instructions
- Step by step instructions for administering the tests
- Step by step with visuals
- The ELA Reading test has a listening portion which requires headphones. Reading passages do not allow text to speech. Please request headphones from the media center. THERE IS NO WRITING TEST FOR 10th grade this year!
- Make sure you request headphones at least a day in Advance of your testing or remind students to bring their own. We have enough to go around but need notice to get them to you.
- ALL students have the option to listen to the prompts or questions and responses on any test.
Once the testing session is started and students select the required test name. The request is sent to the TA for approval, and the Waiting for Approval message appears.
Audio Playback Check
- Prior to testing, ensure that audio is enabled on each device and that headsets are functioning correctly.
- The Audio Playback Check page appears for tests with listening questions. On this page, students verify that they can hear the sample audio.
- Ensure that the audio on the device is not muted.
- Ensure headphones are securely plugged in to the correct jack or USB port.
Reference Sheets & Miscellaneous items
- Chemistry reference sheet;
- Physics reference sheet;
- Online Calculator Manual; the Desmos HTML5 calculator is embedded in the test in two versions, scientific for Chemistry and Physics and Full function for Math II and III.
- Time Recommendations for each subject
- ELA summary
- Science Summary testing information (search for subject)
- Math summary testing information