We see & hear a lot of horror stories. Here's what we think you should want from someone preparing your taxes
- They get it. They are smart, really smart
- Accurate. Sloppy can't exist here.
- Big picture viewpoint. They see the whole picture and can click the puzzle together
- Personable. Tax people can be fun to be around, we promise! Joking aside, they should show empathy, listen and genuinely care to serve you.
- Heart of a teacher. They speak with you not at you
- Modern. They stay up on regs and technology
- Flexible delivery system. Access to your return online, paper = convenience
- They are really organized. They can't lose things (we're back to no sloppy)
- They help you plan
- You like them. (yes this matters) Never work with someone you can't stand
Bill Reichelt, CPA/ABV
Head of OnaTax
We like to call Bill our technical brilliance! His public accounting career spans over 45 years with taxation as his specialty. Bill is lead of the OnaTax team. He works with businesses and individuals on all taxation issues from the highly complex to the simple. He has extensive experience with all types of individual and business entities.
In addition to his tax expertise, Bill is also a business valuation expert. He is an Accredited Business Valuation (ABV) Specialist, licensed by the AICPA and provides business valuation services to clients, banks, investors, and other interested parties.
Bill has lots of credentials you can check those out on our OnaWay website in the Meet Us page.
What we love most at the OnaWay about Bill is that he takes technical knowledge and combines it with a warm caring presence. Bill is a kind gentle soul with a keen intellect. You won’t feel inferior speaking with him on topics of high technical nature.
Shannon Reichelt, CPA
Founder of the OnaWay
Shannon founded the original CPA firm S. Reichelt & Company LLC in 2006 shortly thereafter came Leap Bookkeeping. As the businesses grew and her journey as a business owner continued she developed a true love & desire to help other owners deal with running their businesses. 20 years in the biz she’s grown into a constant inspiration sharing her own lessons learned to selflessly aid others.
Shannon's background is in tax, especially business related tax issues. Her entrepreneur spirit adds a unique twist to her technical tax knowledge. She's able to structure businesses together weaving intricate flow between them all and you.
Shannon is the creative behind the OnaWay and manages the company. She is the master-mind behind OnaLife, writing all original content. She specializes in working with small businesses including entity strategy, money management, accounting system efficiency, business and personal income taxes, and coaching. She also heads up the OnaMoney team helping people conquer their day-to-day money.
"I love to take the puzzle pieces and click them together. I can see the obstacles that will pop up and help design around them. It's creative & necessary. How you structure your business is SO important." - Shannon
Ready to take the mystery out of your taxes?
Meet Shana, she'll guide you through our process. (yes we have a process, we're accountants, we can't help it.) She'll assist you in scheduling appointments, sending us tax docs, getting stuff to you & making sure you feel comfortable along the way
Here's how a switch to us is typically done
- Schedule a free initial phone call with an OnaTax member (up to 30 mins) to chat about what you have going on and how we can serve you. It's a get to know each other call. Like what you hear? next..
- Sometimes an in person meeting is scheduled to address immediate needs. During tax time we recommend meeting in person your first time here, if you are local. After that some people come in, some don't, depends on the situation.
- Send us your prior year returns through our secure online OnaPortal, mail in, or swing by in person.
- We'll set you up in our robust system for project reminders (we never miss a due date), email notifications, OnaPortal registration for your private online account, tax organizer tool and of course in our tax software
- From here on out its roll up the sleeves and get to work